Cybernetic and aut. repair system

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.
Time

Postby Time » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:10 am

Cyber, Uni, Aq, Prod+1, RHW sounds like another good cyber selection.

Perhaps someone should do a multi, where everyone must at least choose "Cyber", for their first 4 picks, and we will see how creative the player races become. 8)

maybe a DemoLith version: Demo, Cyber, Prod+2,
or Demo, Cyber, Prod+1, Subt. You can't get Subt. with a normal DemoLith.
MOO1 Fan, MOO2 Fan, MOO3 needed too many changes = hopeless, getting older waiting for a MOO4 (still).

Time

Postby Time » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:55 pm

You asked earlier: "So what settings do u have in mind with your cybernetic? Advanced I assume? I think in pre or average it suxx. And even in advanced I am not sure."

Advanced, Med or Larger galaxy, Mineral Rich Galaxy

You get the larger ships to start with, so, no prod race advantage there, Galaxy size isn't much of a concern, just not too small or whs, or too open for tele races.
Mineral galaxy is heaven, Avg is ok.
1. The higher rich planets make up for the cyber losses, and
2. The other races dependence on food will require them to spend time researching: rad shlds, soils, and terraforming. Where you only need 1/2 the normal food. When you get soils, you will have so few people farming, and so many working/researching that your prod penalty won't matter.

Unfortunately, even I don't even play Advanced age. It messes with my research tree. The Mineral Rich Galaxy type isn't played enough, I usually play avg. Organic Rich, just favors Aquas too much.
MOO1 Fan, MOO2 Fan, MOO3 needed too many changes = hopeless, getting older waiting for a MOO4 (still).

Paws

Postby Paws » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:06 pm

I'm new to multiplayer, but have been playing single for years. So my experience for this is limited compared to most people on this forum. Maybe this wouldn't work in the games you play, but I did an interesting industry heavy build with cybernetic on an average tech game.

Grab Reinforced Hull and Tritanium Armor, both of which are first level techs (for average tech). Together they feel equivilent to Class III shield. Put them on a Cruiser that is armed with Mass Drivers (another first level tech).

That cruiser can take out early star bases and battleships. It's weakness is missile bases or other things that do massive damage in a short time. The neat thing is that you can go up to a star base, let the star base fire away at you, and only after it has completely exhausted its missile supply take your first move/shot and destroy it at your leisure.

The biggest problem was that you can build this great ship pretty quickly (low research) but because you dont get Dueterium Fuel Cells so it was slow to expand.

The other nice thing with Cybernetic is the food. If you grab hydroponic farms then many of your colonies are self supporting with no farmers, just like being Lithovore.

It worked wonders against the computer. The only time I've played it against a human I was slaughtered by boarding parties (he had gone heavy on the ground combat).

Velp

Postby Velp » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:33 am

I'm played some single games with cyber race.
'+' are :
1. With hydroponic you can support up to 4 pop. So Mineral Rich Galaxy is our choice.
2. Food are not SO critical in early game. More Prod and Science.
3. You may SKIP Automated Repair in favor to Recyclotron or Artificial planet

'-' are :
1. Four picks is too expensive.
2. Sometimes it's raise micromanagement. You must keep eyes on both prod and food.
3. Prod cannot transfer with freighters, so poor and ultra-poor planets became almost useless at all.
4. I may be wrong, but Housing is not so effective with a bit dicreased Production of non-Rich planet.

As for me it was interesting expirience to play with Cyber.

Tifi

Postby Tifi » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:15 am

Personally, I always thought Cyber. should have cost 5 picks and get a +1 prod. bonus.

Pryma

cybernetic's not so bad

Postby Pryma » Sun May 20, 2007 8:05 pm

Cybernetic can be useful.
From economic point of wiev it works good with aquatic (+5) and -1/2 farming (-3). When galaxy is set to OrgRich, then you don't have problems with food, (especialy that with hydroponic farm is enough for 4 pops).
With OVERALL cost of 6 points you have a race modification that give actually +1/2 of food (if U produce food U do it only on gaia, teran and ocean, don't you?); repairing bonus and aquatic - a lot of space to live. Of, course it's imperative to have at least +1 prod in this setting, but i think it's never a bad thing. There goes profit form cybernetic: it's always easier to create a prod unit than food unit. And really small amount of pops is needed for making food.
Repairing bonus is useful when you have defense bonus. Combined with internal stabilizer gives ships average armed but really difficult to defeat.Good mobility it gives makes possible very efficient use of shields.
It applies to earlier and middle phases of game, but it's useful when going on war quickly. Quite quick you can have cruiser with internalStab or Ecm , Reinforced Hull,HeavyArmor,Battle Pods , with neutron blasters, and ready to go! Class III shiled needed as well. There will be not a lot of place for weapon, so fights will take long. BUt in long combat cybernetic proves useful.and that's it.

My proposition for a race:
-50 growth (-4)
-1/2 food (-3)
+1 prod (+3)
+1 science (+3)
Aquatic (+5)
Cybernetic (+4)
Ground combat - 10 (-2)
Ship Att +20 (+2)
Ship Def +25 (+3)
Poor HOme World (-1)

I assume that first planet is used mainly for research and farming. When Cloning Center gained, this setting givs a race taht is good enough bot in combat and economy, and it's not too vulnerable for spying by the way.There can be some porblems with ground combat, but it's a minor problem in comparison to anything else.

Of course I would i f i could use telepathy and creative, but it's banned, i'm right? It's no fun with it anyway
........and Antares should be burnt

Time

Postby Time » Mon May 21, 2007 8:44 am

Pryma, it looks like you are going for a cyber race that has benefits all over.
Most players are aware of cyber's loss of production due to consumption, so it is imparetive that any cyber race overcome this hinderance.
I doubt many players choose (-1) Poor home world, definitely not a good choice for a quick start for a cybernetic race.
also try to find a way to squeeze Unification into your next cyber race, and you will see vast improvement in your production and food output.

(6) Unification, (4) Cyber, (5) Aquatic, is a great 15 point start. (almost no concern for food output, will shift pop to prod)
I like to add (3) Production +1, and (2) Rich Home World, for an even better ship building start.

You might try your (3) Sci +1, Shp (2) Attk, or (3) Def.
Frankly, I don't see much of a difference with those bonuses.
I would rather have Warlord than Shp Attk + Shp Def., almost same bonuses, but, I can build a larger fleet, and don't have to research command point techs.

Phyrrus

Postby Phyrrus » Wed May 23, 2007 5:57 pm

THe only time I ever use cyber in singleplayer is in a UniCyberTol Combo,

what I've noticed from playing the AI is that cyber cripples your industry with pollution

because your pop eats some of your production, your actuall production is lower, while still paying the same pollution penalty

5% hull and 10% armor regen is nice, but not good enough to make up for your crippled industry,

a side effect is that on 1 pop planets your pop eats 1 food and 1 prod anyway... double the normal amount! but the up side is that your pop rarely ever starves
"Quantity has a quality of its own" -Joseph Stalin

Tifi

Postby Tifi » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:54 am

Its a pretty small plus, but a plus nontheless:

Cyb. Scout Frigates are VERY much more likely to survive any early border scuffles you might have with other players, as the repair ability can easily negate the damage from similar ships.

Yxklyx

Postby Yxklyx » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:00 am

I never pick Cyber - it just requires too much micro management.

Return to “General Discussion”