MOO2 running too fast

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.
Duthos
MOO2 running too fast

Postby Duthos » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:59 pm

So I set up DOSbox, and normally it runs pretty well. The first oddity I noticed was the tech screen, spinning the tech about twice as fast it should and the scientist was gesturing so fast it was comical. OK, not game breaking I figured, I could ignore that.

But combat animations go so fast I can't see what my opponent did or my own damage and this makes it unplayable. I tried to decrease CPU allocation to combat this speed, but all that did was introduce periods of lag between hyperspeed.

Perhaps I should check the dosbox forums, but I thought that someone here probably already encountered and resolved this. I tried numerous things and searched a bit before posting this... but am at a loss.

Thanks for any solutions.

Devren

Postby Devren » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:08 pm

You need to change the settings under cpu you probobly have it set to auto you can manually set it to a fixed number of cycles or set it to a %.

To change it open the file dosbox.conf in notepad.
scroll down to the [cpu] section or do edit find [cpu]
Change the cycles= line to either a perset or a fixed number
I havnt messed with it in a long time but I seem to remember that 12000-17000 worked pretty good.
Also you can change cycleup and cycle down as well, again if you set it to somthing under 100 it will be % changes.

Return to “General Discussion”