HI, About Race Customs

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.
Lharrs
HI, About Race Customs

Postby Lharrs » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:09 am

Okay,

Firstly, New to the Forums, getting back into the game after not playing for like 2 or 3 yrs.

I ask the following because I have played MOO2 for the longest of time but have only played on HUGE galaxies from average(the computers' best game) to Hard(comp gets bonuses and you get boned). I have also played on LAN with my POP who is also into Strat games.

The Question is, is there anything better then:
-5 Low G
-2 Marine
-3 Spy
+8 Creative
+6 Sub-Terran
+6 +2 to reseach

I ask because when playing the game nothing, and I mean nothing matches what I can do. I have tried other improvements, say +2 to ind. and Unifacation or +2 ind +2 research Creative no Sub-Terran and the negative mentioned above, but nothing beats out he Sub-Terranian, Creative Researches from a Low-G world that can't steal or fight on ground. Nothing can beat that so far as I have played.

My father and I both have Fought fleets of 50+ ships with only like 12 of our own. They got the first shot and our ships decimatied them, no Eradicated is better. All I know is that I have fought a space battle where the enemey fleet was so big that it couldn't fit into its half of the screen and it was all battleships, and I owned it whe n Ihad just mainly titans and a few Doomstars.
I tried to fight my dad as an indi, I had like 30 ships against his ten and he railed me. I though of that a while into playing and have never found anything to beat it. The only difference in the empires my dad and I had was the planets, that is what gave us the edge.

I ask because research, creative, and Sub-Terrainien is the only thing in the game that can be of full benifet through the Whole game.

Thanks and od Bless,

- Lharrs

Cabman

Postby Cabman » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:33 am

We usually play "Large average org. rich" no AI setups.You won't survive playing that race with us on Kali, because average game ends about t 120 - 130, and your race needs more time to "become invincible" ;). prod races are the strongest (like unitol prod 1 or uni aqua 2 prod Lr hw- negatives - rep -ship def. - gc)
http://masteroforion2.blogspot.com/2005 ... chive.html read this guide. You will see how do we play on Kali. I hope you'll join us soon :)

Lharrs

Postby Lharrs » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:20 pm

Aighty, Firstly I assume no AI setups means that there are no Comp control Races? I see a smaller verse and sometimes an organic rich... so I can see somewhat about the production part, but I have fought some battles in there, I will read that guide and I have been itching ot play against humans not my dad. Anywho I will check it out and see where I satand against some comps at 120-130. I can see how that games may not last as long if you go indi and do a rush of sorts because teh tech set-up doesnt really start to pay off until mid late in the game....

So basiclly, if I can hold out till 120-130 and have afleet, I may stand a chance? :wink: I further surmize that there is a dont let anyone get too strong or everyone on them vobe, is that right?

Do yall use the 1.4 mod/patch with the steath ships acutally being stealthed and the whole tech/spy hid thing?

Thanks and God Bless,

- Lharrs

Brent15

Postby Brent15 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:37 pm

Hi Lharrs,

You are correct interpreting Cabman :) . We do not typically play with any AI. Gameplay on Kali is very fun, most of the players here have been playing for a long time, so you'll have a real challenge.
So basiclly, if I can hold out till 120-130 and have afleet, I may stand a chance? :wink: I further surmize that there is a dont let anyone get too strong or everyone on them vobe, is that right?
Yes, If you can have ~100 population units by turn 100 with some decent ship designs and a large fleet as a tech race by turn 120 you should be in real good shape.

As for the other conjecture, I wish it was more true. All the players understand the importance of preventing someone from becoming too powerful. However, it is often tricky to to know when that pivotal time will come.
Do yall use the 1.4 mod/patch with the steath ships acutally being stealthed and the whole tech/spy hid thing?
Yes. As of today, we are currently using v1.40b22, all three stealth technologies should now provide correct galactic map masking. :D However, I have never seen the game last long enough to use stealth :( .

Lharrs

Postby Lharrs » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:41 pm

NOOOOOOOOOO STEEEEELTH :cry:

anywho I just put on the support board about the patch not installing... I have the old 1.4v21 patch but when I tried the install for the 1.4v22 patch the rkernel.com could not open, whatever that was.

I hope to get teh sqaured up soI can perfect my game a bit before i start up a game with yall

Brent15

Postby Brent15 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:09 pm

NOOOOOOOOOO STEEEEELTH :cry:
Well, I have'nt got that far, but I am sure the veterans can tech up that much well before a game ends.

Cabman

Postby Cabman » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:32 pm

You shouldn't bother with stealth techs because personal shield is much better alternative than stealth field. I played only 2 games (among hundreds) where it was in use.

Lharrs

Postby Lharrs » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:15 am

Quick Question, Where do I find the ICQ? I went to join the Group but it wasnt I needed my ICQ, I am not comp literate beyond the basics.

Lord Brazen
Site Admin

Postby Lord Brazen » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:56 am

Hi Lharrs,
Where do I find the ICQ?
ICQ is a program for chatting over the internet. You can get it at www.icq.com
"Stars are holes in the sky from which the light of the Infinite shine through." - Confucius.

Lharrs

Postby Lharrs » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:08 am

Okie Dokie, i have an ICQ now... time to go reg

Return to “General Discussion”