A Master of Orion clone that's actually halfway done!

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.
Zeraan
A Master of Orion clone that's actually halfway done!

Postby Zeraan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:41 pm

I just found this forum, and wished I could contribute to other projects if I found this earlier. But sadly it seems like all of them have died off before even reaching fleet movement part of the game.

So I'm here to announce something that may rekindle your hopes! A Master of Orion game in development that's actually halfway done! May I present Beyond Beyaan, a game inspired from Master of Orion 1! The website for this project is here. I'm the creator of this game.

What Beyond Beyaan have so far (there is a released version containing the below items):
New game setup (Pick a galaxy shape and size, and set up players)
A fully working galaxy map
Fleet movement, you can explore systems!
Colonization of other planets - this is accomplished when a system falls under your empire's influence, people will migrate to other planets
Allocate your workforce's output in five fields (pollution management, agriculture, commerce, construction, and research)
Population growth at end of each turn

What Beyond Beyaan currently have that isn't released yet (not quite done):
Fully working ship design screen - All the tech fields (computer, shield, armor, engine, and weapons) are fully working and uses the technology data
Technology

What will be implemented within a week or two, before next release:
Ship construction on per-planet basis
A situation report at each turn reporting explored systems or built ships.

When the above is done, another version will be released. This game is approximately halfway done, and is already far past the point where other projects have died off. From what I've seen, those other projects stops after the galaxy generation and viewing are done.

My game speaks for itself on how it's progressing, and you can see that I've posted updates on this project regularly. I would appreciate any feedback on Beyond Beyaan.

Green_Knight

Postby Green_Knight » Mon May 02, 2011 6:24 am

I've taken a look and what you've got thus far looks promising.

I'll give it a try.

Zeraan

Postby Zeraan » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:51 pm

Yeah, I'm still working on Beyond Beyaan :D

Things are starting to wrap up. The core functionality are mostly finished. It's now just a matter of creating the UI for different screens, then implementing space combat, AI, and polishing/balancing.

I hope to have the game done Spring of 2012!

Return to “General Discussion”