How do I.....?

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.
Void Stalker
How do I.....?

Postby Void Stalker » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:02 am

Hello everyone. I am trying to remember how to play a single player game, suing the 'hotseat MP option to create the game. I seem to remember something about Mox 0, and trying to make the hotseat into a network game, and then making it a SP game, but I have been away far to long to remember exactly how this went.

Can anyone tell me how to do this again?

Void Stalker

Postby Void Stalker » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:39 am

Also, I forgot to mention I am getting a "com failure" notice when I try to just load it up as a network game. This is a relatively new computer and maybe missing some networking protocols, but this machine and my other XP machine can talk to each other (and play D2) just fine.

Both these two XP machines, as it turns out, are having the same "com failure" message whenever I try to set up a network game. Is this just a simple failure on my part to remember to install some protocol or such?

Any help would be appreciated, lol.

Void Stalker

Postby Void Stalker » Tue May 17, 2011 8:33 am

Too further clarify:

I have two win XP computers running sp3 home edition. At some point, I would like to be able to play a LAN game of Moo2 as hot-seat really gets tiring and boring waiting for my friend to complete her turns.

Also, in the past I was able to create a single player game with all the races being customized I remember that I had to use the multi player hot-seat settings to make the game, and then just load that saved game under the multi player network game settings and selecting start, whereupon the other custom races I set up would be played by the computer.

I would love to be able to combine the hot-seat version of the game creation, with a two computer LAN, so my lady friend could play her race on my second computer at the same time I play my race on my first computer.

I can see that many folks have looked at this thread in the past month, but as of yet no one has ventured a reply. Can someone please take a moment to post something here and perhaps steer me in the right direction? For instance, if I need to be including more info in order to get assistance, then let me know that.

Thanks for your help in advance.

icelevistus

Postby icelevistus » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:08 pm

Your problem was inadequately posed and your English is a bit shoddy. I expect that's why you've been ignored.

I hate to leave a wounded soldier on the field, so:

You need to get dosbox and learn how to run MOO2 (multiplayer) under dosbox. Google it, it's there.

Trust me.

Return to “General Discussion”