Terraforming paths

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.
elachuni
Terraforming paths

Postby elachuni » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:34 pm

Hi everybody,

Has anybody noticed what determines if you'll get a Desert or a Tundra when you terraform a Barren planet?

It seems like every other climate results in a certain climate and everything converges to terran, but for Barren planets you can have these two outcomes...

I've just joined the forum, so sorry if this has been mentioned a long time ago :)

achuni.
[/quote]

Cabman

Postby Cabman » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:03 am

It is random. There are two terraforming paths: barren>tundra>swamp>terran and barren>desert>arid>terran.
BTW welcome to this forum and we invite you to join us at Kali Moo server (138) :)
Last edited by Cabman on Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

siron

Postby siron » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:11 am

Yes, seems to be random...but who knows...mebbe Gusset (who terraforms a lot) has some further info.

Gusset

Postby Gusset » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:21 pm

Yes, seems to be random...but who knows...mebbe Gusset (who terraforms a lot) has some further info.
No idea...while I haven't kept any statistics, it seems to me that I say to myself, "Darn...tundra" as often as I say, "Cool! Desert!" (switch those if I'm playing aquatic).

Actually I was hoping for another of those mathematical breakdowns on this subject to be added to your web site, Siron, to go with the pop analyses and other such stuff... ;)

I agree wtih the sentiment of this thread...it would be cool if there were a way to predict it, or better yet, to influence it.

-Gusset

siron

Postby siron » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:46 pm

Actually I was hoping for another of those mathematical breakdowns on this subject to be added to your web site, Siron, to go with the pop analyses and other such stuff... Wink
TrixX has just published his map generator statistics on this blog. I hope furhter contributions will follow. BTW elachuni, is TrixX your LAN buddy?
I agree wtih the sentiment of this thread...it would be cool if there were a way to predict it, or better yet, to influence it.
True...but no clue....mebbe the planet surface screen provides hints? I almost never watch this screen....

Time

Postby Time » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:15 pm

ya, it would make since for Aquatics to terraform to tundras.
MOO1 Fan, MOO2 Fan, MOO3 needed too many changes = hopeless, getting older waiting for a MOO4 (still).

rewster1

Postby rewster1 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:12 pm

A friend of mine just tested this. His conclusion: barren planets in the inner two orbits always go to desert, the outer two orbits always go to tundra, and the middle orbit is 50/50. Doesn't seem to matter if it started as a radiated or not.

Child of the Sixth Sun

Postby Child of the Sixth Sun » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:50 am

A friend of mine just tested this. His conclusion: barren planets in the inner two orbits always go to desert, the outer two orbits always go to tundra, and the middle orbit is 50/50. Doesn't seem to matter if it started as a radiated or not.
I'm surprised that so many people hadn't figured this out. It had always been pretty obvious to me.
Proud hater of the 1.31 patch

Return to “General Discussion”