Some gameplay questions

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.
Februarius
Some gameplay questions

Postby Februarius » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:17 pm

I have few questions concerning the gameplay:

1. How miniturization, achieved through researching hayper-advanced techs, exactly works? I know that it reduces the space for weapons in ships. Does it affects the other things in game?

2. How spying actualy work and how the number of spys affects their effectivnes?

3. Do spys contribute to something when they are on hide? And one more thing, I can only have 63 defending agents! Is this a bug?

4. Is report of other races correct? Many times I see zero spys in their reports but they steal my techs anyway. Do spying on races affects their reports?

I know it's a lot of qestions, and this is joust a few that came to my mind when I posted this. I read several guides and none of them answers this qestions, and similar in game mechanics that are not explained in manual.

Cabman

Postby Cabman » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:07 am

1. How miniturization, achieved through researching hayper-advanced techs, exactly works? I know that it reduces the space for weapons in ships. Does it affects the other things in game?
check this guide (miniaturization section)
4. Is report of other races correct? Many times I see zero spys in their reports but they steal my techs anyway. Do spying on races affects their reports?
Probably other race steals from you and frames another one( bad bad Darlocks).

Regarding the questions about spies, i don't know the exact formula. Probably Tf8 and Irakly revealed it and it's complicated. Mebbe some day we'll see a post about it.

Time

Re: Some gameplay questions

Postby Time » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:48 am

I have few questions concerning the gameplay:
2. How spying actualy work and how the number of spys affects their effectivnes?
There is at least one other post on this topic. You might to refer here, to start:
viewtopic.php?t=431
3. Do spys contribute to something when they are on hide? And one more thing, I can only have 63 defending agents! Is this a bug?

could be. Wow, I've never built that many spys, lol.
If I build 5-15, I am usually ok.
Otherwise, you are spending production on spys, that could be spent on ships.
Also, if you chose -10 Spying, the AIs will succeed more often in their Spy attempts and at harder levels, the AI will cheat.
MOO1 Fan, MOO2 Fan, MOO3 needed too many changes = hopeless, getting older waiting for a MOO4 (still).

Februarius

Postby Februarius » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:11 pm

Thanks for your quick replay guys. Those links were helpful. The reason why i built so many defensive agents is that i wanted to outnumber Darlocks who sent about 50 on me. So I tought at least outnumbering them will help. But if they have high spying bonus + impossible level and more or less all computer players are more successful in spying than you. You got your point there Time, about building ships rather then spys, but leave two planets to build them every turn, of course if you have enough to build ships, and you got 50 of them preaty quickly :) I tested it now, you can only have 63 spys in defense or 63 spying someone else. Why this number i don't have idea. I think it's some kind of game blockade. Maybe you cant have any 63 units in one field, but on the other hand you can't have planets with 63 pop. :)

Return to “General Discussion”