Refresh Rates in XP-DOS

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.
orimax
Refresh Rates in XP-DOS

Postby orimax » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:05 pm

Hi!
I know how to fix refresh rates under XP for both ATI and nVidia cards. But I have never heard about fixing XP-DOS refresh rates. Maybe you can help me? Coz running MOO2 in a DOSBox is too slow and 60 Hz don't appeal to me. Any progs I have downloaded don't work under XP-DOS emulation.
Thanks!

Lord Brazen
Site Admin

Re: Refresh Rates in XP-DOS

Postby Lord Brazen » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:03 pm

Hi!
I know how to fix refresh rates under XP for both ATI and nVidia cards. But I have never heard about fixing XP-DOS refresh rates.
This should work VBEHz.zip with a VBE 3.0 enabled video card (Very few of them out there. Most are VBE 2.0 only).

In order to use it, you will need to add it to the autoexec.nt (or autoexec2.nt) file so that it loads in the same instance of ntvdm as Moo2 is running in.

I've heard some players getting this to work. I dont have a VBE 3.0 video card to confirm.

Other than that, you may consider using Virtual PC or VMware. The game generally runs faster and smoother than it does in DOSbox and the refresh rate is the same as window.
"Stars are holes in the sky from which the light of the Infinite shine through." - Confucius.

ALEX|D

Postby ALEX|D » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:46 pm

I use a "GeForce 3 ti" and it works well.

I load game via a Batch-File.

Code: Select all

cd\ cd vbehz222 cd vbehz222 VBEHZ.COM cd\ cd kali ii kalint cd\ cd moo2engl orion2v140.exe /nobh /nosplint /planets=4 /minstart /noreport

Return to “General Discussion”