Sword of the Stars

General discussion. Please use this area for any off-topic discussion.
Thrawn

Postby Thrawn » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:21 am

Ya I think the game is ok but you should try the demo first because it is a game that some will love in spite of a few questionable design choices and others will hate. I personaly like it but don't love it. MOO II and GalCiv II are better in my opinion but it is still creative enough that you should check it out.

Matthew

Postby Matthew » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:10 am

So, the game is okay?

Should I get it?
I don't agree with some of the design decisions and it lacks many of the features we love about MOO2. It is relatively stable with the new patch and the features that are implemented are done well. The pacing seems better than GalCiv2. It does have tactical combat and multiplayer. I would try the free demo first.

Brent15

Postby Brent15 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:39 pm

I tried the demo at first too and I was very, very disappointed. I came back two years later and they had made significant improvements to the demo. I bought the game and its first expansion pack. It's really quite fun IMO, it's what MOO3 should have been.

I have complaints, don't get me wrong, like the comic graphics. :P But I'm glad I gave it another chance.

siron

Postby siron » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:18 pm

Hi Brent,
have you tried it online?

Brent15

Postby Brent15 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:46 pm

Hey buddy! :)

No, I haven't tried it online yet. I've been playing LAN with my wife and it works quite well. But I don't know what variables would come into play with an online connection.

Astax

Postby Astax » Sun May 03, 2009 2:47 am

Oh guys with A Murder of Crows, this game has really come into being. I love it. Though right now I cant play till I get new gfx card. But you can play online and quite a few folks play it. It is interesting, but definitely time consuming due to the real time combat.

The game has very interesting balance. And each race is quite unique. It's definitely something.

Draxx Vengard

Postby Draxx Vengard » Mon May 11, 2009 6:13 pm

Before forming their own company, the team was responsible in the development of both Homeworld: Cataclysm for Sierra
Brings back so many memories. :')[/quote]
[Wash: Oh my g**! What could it be? Who's flying this thing?! Oh wait that would be me, back to work.]
[Mal: We've done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.]
Pardus

Return to “General Discussion”