Less crashes with EXPANDING HELP?

Report bugs in Master of Orion II v1.40 here.
siron
Less crashes with EXPANDING HELP?

Postby siron » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:00 pm

I had very often crashes in the late game (after turn 130 with dozens ships) when following messages appeared:

Scout at new system.
Colonize/op a system
Engage Battle.

Recently I enabled EXPANDING HELP
(under game - settings)

I still have some crashes but I have the impression that it helped a lot. (Just played 220 turns and only 1 crash.)
Manual: Expanding Help switches off the expansion animation that some of the windows go through when you open them. This doesn't affect how the windows work, just how they look as they open. Turning this one off could speed things up a little.

PK

Postby PK » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:25 am

My crashes:

Scout at new system : 0% or dont remember
Colonize/op a system : 0% or dont remember
Engage Battle : >0.01 %
Clicking a system on map after T100: 10-20% !!!

I crash in another part of game but I think its a good idea to try expaning help option. I will observe how its working and write about it. Thx Siron!

PK
PK

Cabman

Postby Cabman » Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:25 am

I crash extremally often with that situations :(. But i have Expanding help off!! So it is not a reason for me....
OH.. i just read it again ... U turned the E.H. ON! ...I'll try it at once and see if it helps. :)

PK

Postby PK » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:06 am

So far so good ... I had one crash when picked a system ... this time blue screen of death. It seems to work for me!
PK

Cabman

Postby Cabman » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:23 am

I still have crashes (no matter if E.H. is on or off). Yesterday i crashed 2 times in a row at "choose battle screen" and also clicking on system at the galaxy map :(

siron

Postby siron » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:23 am

I also had some bluescreens. I asked LB and he proposed to change my shortcut settings. I have enabled "protected conventinal memory" and no bluescreens since then. Actually, this was also proposed by 4381. See his shortcut:

Cabman

Postby Cabman » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:23 pm

i have "protected conventinal memory" enabled and still the same :(. ... i also made fresh installs ...still nothing..Time to reinstall system. Mbbe this'll help.

StepNRazor

Postby StepNRazor » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:17 pm

I made some changes to my memory tab.
I have Conventional memory Total set to auto, but every other pull down I scrolled down the the largest value and selecteted it.
I also have all the Uscheck boxes checked Protected and Uses HMA, not sure if the second check box HMA does anything I dont think it does. But when I was running 98 it helped me alot to set my memory like that, I'm useing XP now and have it set the same way as I did in 98.

PK

Postby PK » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:04 am

Cabman`s windows should be formatted long time ago and he KNOWS about it :)
PK

Return to “Bugs”