Mouse not working

Report bugs in Master of Orion II v1.40 here.
nasor
Mouse not working

Postby nasor » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:41 pm

I can't get MOOII (any version) to run on my machine due to mouse problems. The mouse always works in the intro screen (where you select "New Game" "Load" etc.) but it quickly freezes up when I try to go any farther through any of the menus. I can briefly unfreeze it by pressing Escape, but it always freezes up again - usually in less than a second, although occasionally it will last for 30-40 seconds. There's no way to play the game effectively.

I'm running Windows 2000. Does anyone have any ideas what to do about this? I've seen the same problem mentioned in a few other forums, but no one seems to have any advice.

siron

Postby siron » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:04 am

I can't get MOOII (any version) to run on my machine due to mouse problems.
AFAIK only the win version (orion95.exe with the several patches 1.0-1.31) should run on your 2k.

Disabling Direct Draw and Hardware Acceleration in your dxdiag.exe should solve the problem.

Lord Brazen
Site Admin

Re: Mouse not working

Postby Lord Brazen » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:08 pm

I can't get MOOII (any version) to run on my machine due to mouse problems. The mouse always works in the intro screen (where you select "New Game" "Load" etc.) but it quickly freezes up when I try to go any farther through any of the menus. I can briefly unfreeze it by pressing Escape, but it always freezes up again - usually in less than a second, although occasionally it will last for 30-40 seconds. There's no way to play the game effectively.

I'm running Windows 2000.
Try this Patch. I can't say if this will fix your problem. I stumbled onto this patch on another forum and have not tried it myself.

Also, try the Application Compatability Utility from microsoft. I know this tool has some compatability fix in it for Master of Orion II and windows 2000. What exactly it fixes, I don't know.
"Stars are holes in the sky from which the light of the Infinite shine through." - Confucius.

Schorfi

Postby Schorfi » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:48 am

Thank you guys, i love you all! This Patch brought my favorite game back to me :)
I feel your scorn and i accept it.

Proxi

Postby Proxi » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:17 am

aha, i had exactly the same problem, hope this patch can fix it, fingers crossed!

Looks like the patch isnt linked there anymore, is it possible for anyone to show me a link (cant find a thing in google) or to send it to me in an email or something?

Lord Brazen
Site Admin

Postby Lord Brazen » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:07 pm

Looks like the patch isnt linked there anymore, is it possible for anyone to show me a link (cant find a thing in google) or to send it to me in an email or something?
I posted this item in the downloads area of my blog Downloads

Good luck
"Stars are holes in the sky from which the light of the Infinite shine through." - Confucius.

Return to “Bugs”