My list of bugs (so far)

Report bugs in Master of Orion II v1.40 here.
TheDS
My list of bugs (so far)

Postby TheDS » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:23 pm

I've got the v1.40b23 version of MOO2, and I am ecstatic that it runs so well on 2000 and XP. I'm also very glad that you made installation blindingly simple. Thank you for your work, and I look forward to the next set of patches.

On to the list of bugs I've found:

• Tiny worlds in the Colony window display the wrong picture.
• On the Race-attribute picking screen, it says +25% Attack bonus, but the game says it's only +20% (which I think is the correct value).
• If a ship fires all its weapons and then uses up all its MPs, its turn is automatically ended. This should not happen - this frequently prevents me from performing boarding actions or hitting the retreat button.
• If an item in your build queue is being repeated with Repeat Build, and you move it (like to the end after adding some more things), it deletes one line from above. If this happens to be a ship you're refitting, you just lost it!
• The in-game library information incorrectly states Neutronium Armor as giving Fighters 5x hit points when it should be 3x. (I don't know if this is a text error or data error.)
• What the game says is the max populations of worlds doesn't match the description of Tolerant. However, it appears that the manual correctly describes what's happening.
• If you rotate as your ship's first action at the same time an enemy missile is going to hit you, the ship might have all its movement restored when it reaches its new heading.
• In tactical combat, ships below a planet can't bombard it.
• The game freezes during combat sometimes. This appears to be more common when I capture ships as a telepath AND when I'm outnumbered but winning. It doesn't seem to matter who initiates the battle, and has resulted in games that can't be resumed when the AI initiates the battle. I play with initiative.

I've seen elsewhere on this forum that it's believed that capturing ships (and using Stasis field) can cause freezes. Most recent example, I sent half a dozen ships against 18 enemy ships (plus starbase + two planet bases), managed to destroy several enemies and lose one or two of my smaller ships, then captured the heavily damaged starbase and a ship and before I could put it either of them to use, the game froze. It appears that MAYBE this happened when it was at the beginning of the next turn AND that captured ship got togo first (but I don't know if it would - all my ships got to go first since I had a much better drive system).

The second-to-last error happened the turn before this freeze happened, but I think this is the first time I've seen it happen.
Last edited by TheDS on Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why do they get to attack me without war being declared, but I can't do the same?

c'g~

Re: My list of bugs (so far)

Postby c'g~ » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:33 am

• The in-game library information incorrectly states Neutronium Armor as giving Fighters 5x hit points when it should be 3x. (I don't know if this is a text error or data error.)
Apparently it’s a miss type of game developers. I fixed it in My EXPa Mod (U can find it here: viewtopic.php?t=559)

Return to “Bugs”