Time Anamoly and Powered Armor Bugs

Report bugs in Master of Orion II v1.40 here.
martock
Time Anamoly and Powered Armor Bugs

Postby martock » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:57 pm

That time warp anamoly event that freezes out a system, appears to be somewhat buggy in 140.b22. I had it happen to my home system and I found that I could still open up my home system and interact with the planets. Further more, I could even buy the items they were working on and move people from this system, out to a nearby system. I thought that when this happened, the system was locked so you couldn't interact with the system. I recall getting a message saying that the system was unreachable due to the time anamoly.

Also, powered armor is still not fixed. If the AI has it, it takes 2 shots to drop a soldier, but if the human has it, it still takes only 1. I tested this many times yesterday and each time, one of my men would drop on one hit but the AI, would take two. The stats at the top do reflect that both the AI and my forces are equipped with powered armor and both state that they should take 2 hits...but the player controlled forces only take one.
Last edited by martock on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

siron

Re: Time Anamoly and Powered Armor Bugs

Postby siron » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:07 am

That time warp anamoly even that freezes out a system, appears to be somewhat buggy in 140.b22. I had it happen to my home system and I found that I could still open up my home system and interact with the planets. Further more, I could even buy the items they were working on and move people from this system, out to a nearby system. I thought that when this happened, the system was locked so you couldn't interact with the system. I recall getting a message saying that the system was unreachable due to the time anamoly.
@ Time anomaly

Can you offer a save? I have just tested a time anomaly and I haven't observed the issues you describe here.

a) You can buy things there. This was always possible, but the items are not completed the next turn then.

b) I wasn't able to move pop from that system. You claim that. Mebbe you tested it the other way and moved pop to the time anomaly? The latter was also possible in 1.31.

@ Powered Armor Bug

Can you offer save? Too lazy to create one. And I am unsure if this is display bug (which shouldn't matter then) or a real problem. I just know that powered armor seems to work in ship-to-ship combat since it is quite popular.

martock

Postby martock » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:07 am

Sadly, I don't have a game save for the time warp anomaly. I finished that game later that evening. I will, however, be on the watch for it again. I do recall though that in the past you would get a message saying that you couldn't contact that system because of this event. Am I imagining this?

As for the powered armor bug, I do have a game save and it is easily reproducable as you just have to invade a system to find it. An example from last night.
Invaded Silicoid system
I was equipped with:
Anti-Grav Harness
Xentronium Armor
Plasma Rifles
Personal Shields
Powered Armor
My total bonus was +100 and +2 hits

The Silicoids were equipped with:
Anti-Grav Harness
Adamantiam Armor
Laser Rifles
Personal Shields
Powered Armor
AI Bonus
I think their bonus was like +62 and +2 hits

Every time one of my men is hit, my total men would drop by 1. Similiarly, if the AI is hit, it takes 2 to drop his total by 1.

I will have to find a good planet to invade with lots of marines to give you a good save but I'll scour the system and see what I find.

How do I attach a game save to a message?

siron

Postby siron » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:29 pm

You cant attach files in this forum. But you can mail it.

I think mebbe it was the Plague where you are not allowed to send people there? But I am not sure. We rarely play random because of the time anomalies which can destroy games.

martock

Postby martock » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:09 am

I don't suppose there is a way to remove that anamoly all together? That and the stupid space dragon. I can't STAND that particular monster not cuz it's tough but just the thought of it irritates me.

siron

Postby siron » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:51 am

I don't suppose there is a way to remove that anamoly all together?
Dimka figured out to disable it in his save file. It is prolly not that difficult for LB to disable it generally.....but there are so many things to do....there are more important things on his to-do-list. He works on some nasty CTDs now: tractor beam bug.

martock

Postby martock » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:02 pm

Dimka figured out to disable it in his save file. It is prolly not that difficult for LB to disable it generally.....but there are so many things to do....there are more important things on his to-do-list. He works on some nasty CTDs now: tractor beam bug.
I've never encountered the 'tractor beam bug'...is this the bug where a ship, that is 'immobilzed' by a tractor beam is still capable of moving? I have that happen all the time. Pretty irritating. Anyway, I agree that there are more important issue to be dealt with but I don't want these issues to be just swept aside. Especially seeing as the time anamoly is a game breaker.

Cabman

Postby Cabman » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:16 am

I've never encountered the 'tractor beam bug'...is this the bug where a ship, that is 'immobilzed' by a tractor beam is still capable of moving?
No ...see this: viewtopic.php?t=17&highlight=tractor read Gusset's post

Lord Brazen
Site Admin

Postby Lord Brazen » Thu May 18, 2006 4:16 pm

I had a brief look at the Power Armor bug. There definately is a problem but from what I can see it is only a display bug.

The game runs through a series of calculations to determin the outcome of the ground combat then after the outcome is determined, it displays the results. By the results I mean the soldiers shooting at each other. The outcome is determined even before the first soldier shoots.

The calculations determin how many soldiers on each side die (and who wins) then the display routine draws a bunch of soldiers shooting and dieing.

I'd have to look deeper into the calculations to see if there is a bug in that but its probably just a display bug. I think 2 shots no matter which soldier they hit count as 1 kill (power armor).
"Stars are holes in the sky from which the light of the Infinite shine through." - Confucius.

martock

Postby martock » Wed May 24, 2006 8:58 pm

Thanks for the update LB, I appreciate your looking into it. I feel a bit vindicated in that you did find a problem, even if it's only a display issue. Now that I have a better understanding of how the calculating is done, I won't fret when I see my boys in green drop on one shot.

Tibster

Postby Tibster » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:49 am

I'v seen this and i have seen a variation on this !
If u are a hevyG U will take 3 hits , and in this case the game displays the soldiers taking 3 hits before they die .

I play ofline and i was borred of star-converting plants (fun but it got borring) so now i allweis invade (with a race designed for this)
so i got to se this a lot of times!

Return to “Bugs”