CTD on single-player game victory

Report bugs in Master of Orion II v1.40 here.
Blair
CTD on single-player game victory

Postby Blair » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:00 pm

Hi guys. I was always a huge fan of MOO2 back in the day, and last week found my old CD in a pile of stuff that was about to be thrown out. Needless to say, I rushed to install it on my computer and play it again, only to find that it wouldn't run on my much more advanced computer.

I looked on the Web to see if any new patches had been made to update this classic, and happily I soon found this forum! Lord Brazen's patch and setup guides worked perfectly and I began to conquer the galaxy.

Sadly, my efforts were all in vain, as each time I achieve victory, the game crashes to desktop as soon as the ending videos are over. My score is not calculated and I get no billing in the hall of fame. :(

I have a 2.8Ghz Pentium with 768Mb RAM, a 64Mb GeForce MX (Yeah, I know, it's scheduled for an upgrade), and I'm running Windows XP SP1 because SP2 messes up some other legacy software I use. Please help! I want to see my name in lights as it should be!

--Blair
"You idiot! If you fire that thing in here we'll ALL die!"

siron

Postby siron » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:21 am

We are mainly interested in MP games and dont watch the highscore so I dont know if LordBrazen is interested to fix this bug.

IIRC also the 1.31 dos version has this problem.

But there is a simple solution. Take your moo cd and copy orion95.exe and all dll-files into your moo folder. Thats all you need to play the win version of the game. So you can simply reload and replay the last turn (of a dos game) and watch your highscore then.

Enjoy

Return to “Bugs”