Crash to desktop when trying to join a Kali mutliplayer

Search these posts first and if your question hasn't already been asked, ask it here!

bomberb17
Crash to desktop when trying to join a Kali mutliplayer

Postby bomberb17 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:27 am

I have Moo2 v.140. I have copied the dosx_sp1.exe to system32 and have changed the autoexec.nt file. I have also opened port 2231 in my router. I start Kali, join a game lobby, the game is launched. I click Network->Join game, it searches. When it finds it, I click on the game name, and it crashes to desktop! Please can you help?

PK

Postby PK » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:55 am

Do you have xp with preinstalled sp2? Please log on to kali for more help. Here we wont achive much. See this also:
viewtopic.php?t=31
PK

bomberb17

Postby bomberb17 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:56 am

I have Windows XP. The SP2 was not preinstalled, I installed it afterwards. In the system32 folder, there are now 2 files, dosx.exe and dosx_sp1.exe (from the ntservicepackunistall folder). Should I rename dosx_sp1.exe to dosx.exe (thus replacing dosx.exe entirely) or not?

Lord Brazen
Site Admin

Postby Lord Brazen » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:07 pm

Should I rename dosx_sp1.exe to dosx.exe (thus replacing dosx.exe entirely) or not?
No dont attempt to replace dosx.exe. The OS may attempt to prevent the change (due to windows file protection). Also, some system tools may undo the change if you use them at a later time.

The problem you are having is most likely because the SP2 version of dosx.exe is loading and not the SP1 version. Which one loads depends on your shortcut.

Just leave dosx_sp1.exe there and create a shortcut to the game. Better yet, follow the steps in
Siron's blog. Especially the stuff in step 3. Also, make sure your shortcut is loading autoexec2.nt and not just autoexec.nt (check properties of shortcut on program tab click advanced).
"Stars are holes in the sky from which the light of the Infinite shine through." - Confucius.

Return to “Support”