"... exceeds number of LBX entries" error

Search these posts first and if your question hasn't already been asked, ask it here!

FweepNeep
"... exceeds number of LBX entries" error

Postby FweepNeep » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:47 am

Finally got around to installing MOOii on my XP machine but hit a snag. Game runs fine after installing fresh from CD (v1.2) in both DOS and Win95 installs. However, after installing v1.31 patch the game crashes before the main menu when loading (Master of Orion II loading...) and displays this message:

RACESTUF.LBX [entry 8] exceeds number of LBX entries

I've only found a couple of other people having similar messages but no conclusive fixes for this. I've installed the latest 1.4 patch but no change. I've copied the CD contents to the MPS\ORION2 directory on the hd with no change. Any suggestions?

Thanks, from an old timer classic gamer. BTW, Star Control fans check http://sc2.sourceforge.net/

siron

Postby siron » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:51 am

I guess you tried this exe patch here:

ftp://ftp.infogrames.net/patches/moo2/moo2v131.exe

It works only from 1.3 to 1.31!!!

Take the zip patch instead:

ftp://ftp.infogrames.net/patches/moo2/moo2v131.zip

FweepNeep

Postby FweepNeep » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:07 pm

Great! That's all I needed. Thanks for the quick reply, siron. Yes, I did get my original patch file from the Atari link. Your link is to a different file (yet with same address, file name, and file size)? Is the link on the Atari site a broken file? Just curious.

siron

Postby siron » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:19 pm

According to this site: ftp://ftp.infogrames.net/patches/moo2/

atari added the exe patch later on. dunno if atari developed this broken patch. (After I saw the poor moo3 it wouldnt surprise me :P )

IIRC the poor hw pick was added in 1.3. This causes IMO this error when u patch an older version.

Return to “Support”