Strange colors bug

Search these posts first and if your question hasn't already been asked, ask it here!

Jigby
Strange colors bug

Postby Jigby » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:14 pm

Hey guys. Not sure whether I should post this here ... whatever. For those who wanted to play Moo 1.31 a bit and were surprised by the strange colors (ie. green logo, pink menu etc.) I think I found a solution.

Download and install this toolkit http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en.

Run the Compatibility Administrator, click on Applications under System Database, wait till the list loads up, choose Master of Orion 2, click Run, type the location of your Orion95.exe file, and click OK. If it says an error message about not having fonts.lbx, don't worry, we'll just have to configure it manually.

Close the applications bar and click on custom database and choose a database. Click fix, fill in the name, browse for the program location (you are looking for Orion95.exe, not Orion2.exe), click next, choose win95 mode, click next, tick the "Force 640x480x8" option, click test run and OK. Now colors should be okay, if they are not, try one more time. If the mouse cursor is sluggish (mine was in the menu), UNTICK !!!!! the "DisableBoostThread" option. Click Test Run again, everything should be fine now. Click next and finish. Whenever you want to play Moo, you have to play it via the Administrator Toolkit. Now, fire it up and enjoy :D

Tested on Win7 Ultimate RC1 x86

excalibr23

Postby excalibr23 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:24 am

This did not work for me unfortunately. I can not get this to work in Windows 7! I'm using Windows 7 build 7100 (64bit)

Time

fixing color issues on win95 version

Postby Time » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:48 am

Great advice Jigby.
I have had this happen, on occasion too.
Also, for those running the Win95 version,
Right clicking on your desktop icon of MOO2, then,
clicking the Compatability tab, check run in compatability mode Windows 95.
Under Settings, check Run in 640x480 screen resolution.

This should do the trick too.

Whenever the pink colors came up, it was usually because, I checked the box for 256 colors. I don't think my Vista machine like those old ways of doing things :)
MOO1 Fan, MOO2 Fan, MOO3 needed too many changes = hopeless, getting older waiting for a MOO4 (still).

Return to “Support”