odd video problem in vista

Search these posts first and if your question hasn't already been asked, ask it here!

gomezaddams
odd video problem in vista

Postby gomezaddams » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:38 pm

Hi,I was a long time mooII player,I recently found my disc and loaded it up for another go.After a little searching I managed to get it running and updated to 1.31 but Im seeing the same wierd video problem I used to see in windows me

The game will start and the simtec logo will be green instead of the normal black and white.The animation runs normally then when you get to the game screen the starmap is pink!clicking anywhere gets rid of the pink but it is so pixellated the game is too difficult to play.Same as last time if i quit and reload between 3 and 10 times the game will start and play normally eventually.

Anybody know whats going on here and a possible fix?
Waiting will fill

Taorec

Postby Taorec » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:30 pm

HI gomezaddams,

you can try to play MMO2 with Dosbox which should fix your problems. Look here for more information:

viewtopic.php?t=529

gomezaddams

Postby gomezaddams » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:40 pm

Ok lol in just 10 short years I went from a person that built his own computers to a windows dope :oops:
What program do I use to edit the config file?wordpad didnt work and I downloaded foxybox and that wont even open the file.
Waiting will fill

Cabman

Postby Cabman » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:20 am

Use notepad.

gomezaddams

Postby gomezaddams » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:12 pm

Ok so I was right now I dont feel as bad lol
It wouldnt let me save the edited file in notepad thats why I tried wordpad,I guess Ill have to keep messing with it till I get it.

But still,noone has seen the odd loading problem?It didnt happen in Dos or 95 but this is the second os and third computer its done that same weird thing on.Really strange if it never happened to anyone else.
Waiting will fill

gomezaddams

Postby gomezaddams » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:05 pm

Ok I worked around it and got the files modified but clicking the 1.40 icon on my desktop gets me a prompt to close the program cause"this system does not support fullscreen mode"
Waiting will fill

Return to “Support”