Video Drivers

Search these posts first and if your question hasn't already been asked, ask it here!

KJGOKC
Video Drivers

Postby KJGOKC » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:12 pm

Hi I loved this game for years and played on TEN till it went down. I found you guys and got excited about playing again but now I see I can't install the DOS version as my vedio just craps out and locks up...

I have an HP Pavilion D4100Y with an AIT Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Seris Display Adapter...

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Gilderan

Postby Gilderan » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:49 am

Have you installed Dosbox?

herbert

Postby herbert » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:34 pm

Hi I loved this game for years and played on TEN till it went down. I found you guys and got excited about playing again but now I see I can't install the DOS version as my vedio just craps out and locks up...
That's maybe not a video driver problem. I tried to install MOO2 with the install.exe, the screen shows me a nice background image then nothing, it was stuck showing me the image without asking me where to install.
->the problem was that MOO2 counldn't read some SD-card and memorystick devices (i've a laptop)
->i had to disable them temporarily in the device manager (Start->execute->devmgmt.msc) under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
for me it was the followings : Ricoh memory stick bus host adapter ; and ; ricoh sd bus host adapter

You can spot the problem by alt-tabing in windows and click on the stuck dos program. Instead of showing me the background install image , there was a now a red line text saying me that the drive G:\ was unreadable.

Return to “Support”