getting the game to work...

Search these posts first and if your question hasn't already been asked, ask it here!

ukyo
getting the game to work...

Postby ukyo » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:54 am

First I'm not a programmer I'm just a gamer, so I don't understand code.

This is what I've done.

After spending five hours searching, screaming at my computer, and generally grumbling, complaining, and even pissing my wife off, I've managed to get dosbox installed, the game patched to version 1.31 and then to 1.40.

Then I tried to run the game, still failure. Something about mounting, switching, which I don't understand in the slightest, but I found something about how to mount things so I did that. Still won't run because it won't recognize the CD rom, so I figured out how to do that. Still won't recognize it. Yeesh I feel like I need a degree to install a damned patch or something... I'm a gamer, not a programmer lol!!

Anyhow, somehow I'm still failing to get dosbox to see the CD rom for the purpose of playing MOO2 ver 1.40. Can someone please help?

Ukyo
Persistence... if it's not working, you haven't try again.

Cabman

Postby Cabman » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:31 pm

You don't need cd-rom at all. Just copy all files from cd to your moo folder. You may need orioncd.ini (if it's missing in moo folder just create it with notepad and put there the cd-rom drive leter, e/g "e:\")It is explained in this dosbox guide (see the link to LB's guide)as well as other issues concerning installation.

ukyo

fixed

Postby ukyo » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:54 pm

awesome thank you. That fixed it, though the guide is written from the standpoint of someone who understands code, I muddled my way through. Just needed to be pointed in the right direction.

Ukyo

Return to “Support”