mouse and graphic errors

Search these posts first and if your question hasn't already been asked, ask it here!

Christallic Unicorn
mouse and graphic errors

Postby Christallic Unicorn » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:18 pm

Hi @ all,

just found this forum on my search how to fix the stagnating mouse and the graphical errors in MoO2. It's my favourite game so I hope you have some advice for me.

First to know, I'm using the GameStar-Version of MoO2 where a german 1.31 patch is included.
The probs I have:
  • Stagnating mouse: it just stops to move at tax-setting;
  • Graphical Errors: just after a time (could be after 5minutes gaming or after 1hour) when I click on a planets assembly list the backscreen becomes red, the writ orange and back on the space screen all's black with a few white writings - after this the game shuts down;
I've tried it with and without patch, also tried to reinstall several times and even tried the english version of patch but none of the errors weren't even softened.
When I bought me a new computer this year -of course I wanted to play MoO2 on this too- I surprisingly found out that the problems aggravate :shock: :
  • the stagnation of the mouse also appears at name-creations screens (whether it was the name for your leader or the name of a planet) and
  • the rate of graphical errors increased while its variable time of occurence had been diminished.
Could it be that you need an old graphic card with an even older driver (old pc: geforce3; new one: Radeon X1950 pro):? ??

I've read of the patch v1.4 but one of my friends - kind of computerfreak - disadvised against its install due to the necessity of Dos (he knows the DosBox a bit but not good enough to be able to configure it). So I wasn't able to try whether it works :(.

Is there any solution?

Thanks for all replies beforehand.
(P.S. sorry if my english is not so good)

siron

Postby siron » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:46 pm

DOSBox isnt rocket science.

So the solution for all your problems is DOSBox.

marhawkman

Postby marhawkman » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:00 pm

I've not noticed major problems using the windows version. it seems to (mostly) run fine in newer versions of windows. It does do one really weird thing. Under some circumstances(mostly when the save game screen is open, but some other times too), things like black holes and planets will suddenly start spinning really fast. It doesn't cause a problem it seems to be a harmless graphical thing.

Christallic Unicorn

Postby Christallic Unicorn » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:35 am

I'm using the windows version through not having Dosbox atm I can't start it as Dos-version.

Perhaps have to mention: both PCs run on XP prof, the older one had before Windows ME. Okay, on Windows ME there was only a little prob of self-shut down after more than an hour, but on the others was like I said.

So, I'll try to install Dosbox again. Perhaps I've a better view than my friend ;) .
I'll contact you again when the probs don't disappear with it.

Return to “Support”