Don't get MoOII Multiplayer to work

Search these posts first and if your question hasn't already been asked, ask it here!

Schlumpf
Don't get MoOII Multiplayer to work

Postby Schlumpf » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:23 pm

I' trying really hard to get a multiplayer-session on, but it doesn't work.
I've tried both ways - usind the DosBox and Kali.
When i try to start a game over Kali then MoOII starts but i get an error-message when i try to connect in MoOII : "Can't try DOS-net game under windows".
I'm using the DOS-Version (1.40) of course, but start it directly from windows. I don't know what to do else ...

The other way - using the DOS-Box - doesn't work either. MoOII is so horribly slow, that you can't click on anything. Also is the area in what the mouse can be moved smaller then the screen. I've experimented with nearly all settings in the dosbox.conf
Maybe it's because im running the dosbox in a virtual machine (Win98SE), but when i start MoOII (DOS) directly in this virtual machine it is fast. And the real hardware below is strong enough (1,66 GHz dualcore, 1,5GB RAM). I must use the virtual machine, because only there the graphics is displayed correctly. MoOII seems to have a problem with the driver in my real WinXP.

siron

Re: Don't get MoOII Multiplayer to work

Postby siron » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:21 pm

I must use the virtual machine, because only there the graphics is displayed correctly. MoOII seems to have a problem with the driver in my real WinXP.
I cant see why thats a reason to use dosbox in a virtual machine. Never heard of any graphic problems inside dosbox under XP. You should just try. See the Guide and IRC channel for further help.

Schlumpf

Postby Schlumpf » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:37 pm

maybe you're right. I'm testing Dosbox directly under XP once more.

Return to “Support”