Time Warp / Phase Cloak Trick

Search these posts first and if your question hasn't already been asked, ask it here!

Centurin
Time Warp / Phase Cloak Trick

Postby Centurin » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:24 pm

I've always enjoyed using the Orion Globe (TW/PC Trick ship) and wanted to ask if you could still do this in 1.4. I've read the faq, but the list of bugs fixed was a little vague. Can you still use this trick? I never played MOO2 multiplayer, so I always found the trick quite enjoyable. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Cabman

Postby Cabman » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:32 pm

In MP games Phasing Cloak ( and some other techs) is banned because of the mentionned bug. OTOH i've never get to this tech level in any (among over thousand) MP game. :)

Centurin

Postby Centurin » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:55 pm

If it's banned, then that must mean you can still use it. Which is all I wanted to know for SP reasons. Thanks.

Cabman

Postby Cabman » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:46 am

Centurin

Postby Centurin » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:04 pm

As I said before, I already read the faq. But the description of bugs that were fixed was a little vague.

marhawkman

Postby marhawkman » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:41 pm

I tried using it recently, but my version of the game refused to let the ship with Phasing cloak re-cloak at all.

TheDS

Postby TheDS » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:43 pm

Exploit. Not a bug. The fix would be to prevent any ship with TWF to have any system that needs a turn for recharge (Cloak, Fast racks, Hyper-X, whatever else). There's precedent - shields are removed from a ship that has that -3/4 damage thingy (forgot the name).
Why do they get to attack me without war being declared, but I can't do the same?

c'g~

Postby c'g~ » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:22 am

Exploit. Not a bug. The fix would be to prevent any ship with TWF to have any system that needs a turn for recharge (Cloak, Fast racks, Hyper-X, whatever else). There's precedent - shields are removed from a ship that has that -3/4 damage thingy (forgot the name).
It called Damper Field.

About TWF and “recharge” systems/weapons:
I don’t think it’s a bug or exploit. IMO Phasing Cloak/Cloak Devise is no use at all without Torpedoes, FMR, H-X – the game was designed like that, for use this things simultaneously. Of course U can complain about its easy-to-pick placement in Tech Tree, but have no fear – recently I managed to create a Mod (called EXPa, U can find it here viewtopic.php?t=559), where those things placed early, but U can pick them only with comparable sacrifice

Tibster

Postby Tibster » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:13 am

I dont undestand why people ar callinf TWF+PC a bug or even a exploit they are working the way they were intended to work!
I think that most people that are playing online simpli are sorelossers and rather realise that they lost , "it's a bug!/u cheated"
Why dont u say it i wanted to do that to u but since i coldnt and lost it's a bug!
This 2 techs were made for echather / how do i know this : i realised how to use them without reading a faq or ......... sure tha ai doesent use it but is a human player limited to what a ai could do ?

And there is a very logical and plausible way to make the situation a litle fairer : u make his devices larger and more expensive, (especialy the TWF so that u have to chose : lots of guns or tacticle advantage and few guns! This is normal because a tech that takes a ship outdide the flow of time-space woud bee big and complicated!

This is not a bug just people who say so because its convenient!
If u dont have the guts dont play online games or youre ego/fealings will be dameged!
Grow up!
I have n o problem loosing to someone within the rulles o f a game ( and the spirit of this rulles ) , (ies i'm frustrated but that just pruves that i stil have to mature) i'm pissed when someone cheats!
And this is no cheat/exploit/bug!

Draco

Postby Draco » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:20 am

While I know that this post wasn't answered for quite some time and I don't know (but still hope) if the 1.40 patch is being improved still, I have to put my feelings to this particular topic:

While PC + TWC is a hell of a combination, I REALLY don't see why this should be BUG!
Maybe the TWC is to small for it's use - I might agree on that, but if you consider the HUGE tech-prerequisites it's perfectly ok for me.

A patch should fix bugs and not dictate a certain way of play.
I can understand if this combination is a game-breaker for Multiplayer but if I want to use it in Singleplayer...

Hope you know what I am up to.

Wish you all merry Christmas and a happy new year!

- Draco

Overlord2

Postby Overlord2 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:58 am

Phasic Cloak is banned not because of the said combination strength, but because it's a game winner tech, the same way as stasis field, which is also banned. Whoever hits those techs first wins the game. Or if one has and another doesn't have it the latter is doomed, it's just a matter of time.

Aeonic

Postby Aeonic » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:51 pm

Can't you just add some more exclusions to a few of these techs to negate some of the exceedingly effective combinations? Make it so you can't equip TWF and PC on the same ship, or SA and ATU on the same ship, or whatever other nasty combinations people have uncovered that ruin the balance.
Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight up.

Overlord2

Postby Overlord2 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:46 pm

The Phasing cloak is exceedingly effective tech by itself as well as stasis field tech. That's the reason they are banned, not because of that particular combination.

Cabman

Postby Cabman » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:16 am

Found it on LB bugs list
Also, during combat only player #0 will have his phase cloak revert to regular cloaking after 10 rounds
I believe that was the main reason that PC was banned. (the bug was fixed by LB)
Stasis field caused crashes in combat iirc.
But mebe i'm wrong and some old vet will correct me.

Return to “Support”