Mouse problem MOO2 - it's too fast

Search these posts first and if your question hasn't already been asked, ask it here!

medwar
Mouse problem MOO2 - it's too fast

Postby medwar » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:41 pm

Hello all!
I'm experiencing the following problem: mouse cursor is too fast in master of orion 2 , and this makes the game very discomfortable...
I'm using DOS emulation via MS Virtual Machine. Everything works perfectly, except the mouse! I found and tried 3 different mouse drivers for DOS, filenames are the following:
1.mouse.com
2.imouse.com
3.gmouse.com
The best of them was gmouse.com, but with it mouse still moves TOO fast for me).
Please help, i think that some of you, MOO2 progamers, have found all the possible utils to make your game comfortable.

thanx 4 you answers in advance)

siron

Postby siron » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:45 pm

Try DOSbox. See the guide in the signature. Also LordBrazen has just posted some further info about DOSbox on his blog.

medwar

Postby medwar » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:18 am

Before VM i tried to use the DOSBOX. But it really lagged, every game runs so slow that its impossible to play. I tried setting CPU cycles up and down, but withiut understanding, and it gave me nothing..
(My CPU is Athlon 1000 Mhz.)
I appreciate any advice how to tune dosbox.

But isnt it simplier to find good mouse driver to run under MS VM DOS? At least all xpt mouse works normally...

medwar

Postby medwar » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:22 am

PS. wait, forgot to read your guide, mb it contains answer =)

medwar

Postby medwar » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:48 am

Thank you, Siron, your .conf helped!
But another problem apperaed in DOSBOX. In the game, when i make any action, the game lags a bit, the lag is acceptable, but each time it lags, the sound breaks for half a second. It's very annoying. And after a minute of play sound begins to constantly... i cant find the right word... constantly farting and shattering sound.

And, in your .conf, ipxnet connect 12.13.145.146, whose IP is this?
Have i to replace it with something?

siron

Postby siron » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:09 pm

http://masteroforion2.blogspot.com/2007 ... uning.html

Thats all I know for DOSbox sound right now.

The IP is just an example. You have to replace it with the IP of your hosting opponent when you join an MP game.

Return to “Support”