Running 1.4 with VDMS using switches

Search these posts first and if your question hasn't already been asked, ask it here!

Praetor_Phoenix
Running 1.4 with VDMS using switches

Postby Praetor_Phoenix » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:56 am

Hello everyone, I was wondering if someone could help me with this.

So I have installed the newest MOO2 1.4 patch on my WinXP following advice on this site and the sound effect & music crackling problems were solved by using "run with VDMS" on the DOS Orion2v140.exe. However when I try to run the various switches ( /skipintro /nobh /nowh ...etc )when running with VDMS, they are not applied. They do however work fine when running Orion2v140.exe normally (but has the crackling music & sfx).

Does anyone know how to run the switches while using VDMS? If so, could you post how you do so. Or is there a different way to run moo2v1.4 with no audio probs?

Thanks in advance 8)

Yxklyx

Re: Running 1.4 with VDMS using switches

Postby Yxklyx » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:35 pm

Hello everyone, I was wondering if someone could help me with this.

So I have installed the newest MOO2 1.4 patch on my WinXP following advice on this site and the sound effect & music crackling problems were solved by using "run with VDMS" on the DOS Orion2v140.exe. However when I try to run the various switches ( /skipintro /nobh /nowh ...etc )when running with VDMS, they are not applied. They do however work fine when running Orion2v140.exe normally (but has the crackling music & sfx).

Does anyone know how to run the switches while using VDMS? If so, could you post how you do so. Or is there a different way to run moo2v1.4 with no audio probs?

Thanks in advance 8)
I believe I have a solution.

vdmsrun.bat only takes one argument so I created two batch files:

go.bat:
"%VDMSPath%\VDMSRun.bat" c:\games\orion2\go2.bat

go2.bat:
c:\games\orion2\orion2v140.exe /skipintro

I then created a shortcut to go.bat on my desktop

I didn't mess with the autoexec and config files. I didn't run vdmsound with setsound or anything like that.

This works fine so far for me - not sure about the screen saver issue...

Yxklyx

Postby Yxklyx » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:29 am

The only thing that doesn't work quite right is what happens when you win a game. It doesn't always go to the Hall of Fame screen. Maybe I shouldn't press any keys and let the cut scenes finish...

Return to “Support”