Genius's Needed! Strange problem with "Fast Animations

Search these posts first and if your question hasn't already been asked, ask it here!

Sakari
Genius's Needed! Strange problem with "Fast Animations

Postby Sakari » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:00 am

I have run into a problem in MOO II. I have played this game for quite a long time on and off and have never run into this problem before. I have also done everything from repeatedly reinstalling the game the new patch 1.6 (I have MOO II for Mac), to trying to recreate the situation that precluded the problem.

Here is what happened: I was in the combat phase, and I believe a ship was in the middle of moving or I was telling a ship to move to a location, when my laptop popped up the message that my battery was getting low. Now, my computer is running OS X but being such an old game, it has to run OS 9 in the background to run the game. This caused a problem since the game was apparently not ready or used to this, and I had to use the F9 and F10 keys to skip through screens and minimize the game so that I could actually click the "okay" button on the low battery warning.

After all this I pulled the game back up, and noticed that the combat was running slowly. At first I thought it was just lagging from all the screen switching, but after some time passed and it did not clear up, I realized something was wrong. The problem was that for some reason, in all the confusion the combat reverted to having the "fast animations" button unchecked, even though it showed that it was checked. Meaning that all the combat from then on was extremely slow and every time I try clicking on the "fast animations" button to fix it, the game crashes without the button doing anything.

If you can offer any help as to how I would go about fixing this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for you time.

~Sakari

Return to “Support”