Running fine, except for one thing....

Search these posts first and if your question hasn't already been asked, ask it here!

waterbizkit
Running fine, except for one thing....

Postby waterbizkit » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:47 pm

I've installed and uninstalled MOO2 on my new computer a number of times because while desire to play the game drives me to install it, the problem I have always causes me to drop it.

The game seems to run fine in all aspects, except for one thing:

Once a new tech is discovered and the animations start to run things get a little choppy. Sometimes the sound will drop out and the animations will freeze altogether, though eventually the game will start to run again if I give it sometimes. However, other times the game freezes up altogether. Usually I just exit to windows and ctl+alt+delete to end the program. Funny thing is though that in the list it'll say that the game is still "running" versus the usual "not responding" you see when a program goes haywire.

I haven't upgraded the game to v1.31 yet, just about to though. Still, I doubt that'll fix anything. Not much else to say, though I suppose you'd like to know what I'm running. The comp. is quite new, it's a laptop actually, and runs XP home edition w/ service pack 2. I don't know if the hardware I've got matters, but incase it does my general system is:

2.0G Pentium M Processor
1024MB RAM
128MB ATI x700 grapics card
80GB Hard Drive
Integrated 8x Multi-Format Double Layer DVD Writer (DVD±R/±RW/CD-RW)

Anyway, hope you guys can offer up some help. I really love MOO2, been playin' it well.... until I got my new laptop, heh. Oh, by the way, I'm running the game off of my CD, if that makes any difference.

Many Thanks,
Bizkit

ALEX|D

Postby ALEX|D » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:49 pm

Once a new tech is discovered and the animations start to run things get a little choppy. Sometimes the sound will drop out and the animations will freeze altogether, though eventually the game will start to run again if I give it sometimes. However, other times the game freezes up altogether.
u tryd to disable animations in game ?

I think the problem depends on the ati chipset ... in someway they make tourble ... !

do u use orion95 or orion2 ?

Return to “Support”