Captured Subteranean Population Problem

Search these posts first and if your question hasn't already been asked, ask it here!

rox1979
Captured Subteranean Population Problem

Postby rox1979 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:13 am

Hi,
I've just started playing with the new patch. Previously whenever I captured a subteranean population I could move them to my planets and the population limit would become the subteranean one with normal growth etc, however now it doesn't work. When I move the captured sub to the planet the supposed max size of population changes but I can't actually fill the planet up to that amount, for example 30 in the case where I'm tolerant, it's a large planet. It won't fill past the max it was already on, either with housing or by me moving my guys from another planet. Was the previous working a bug or is this a new bug?
Thanks

ALEX|D

Postby ALEX|D » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:57 am

... u need to fill the rest with sub-pop, I think.

siron

Postby siron » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:11 am

Since there are small differences between the dos and win version I was unsure. But I have just tested in a small gal with a tele and a sub race. There are no differences between 1.31 orion95.exe, 1.31 orion2.exe and the new orion2v140.exe.

I have a table on my blog with the max population values:
http://masteroforion2.blogspot.com/2005 ... 9104095133

A large terran (with biospheres) has 22 max pop. (tolerant race)
Sub adds 8 for a large so you receive the above mentioned 30 max pop. But the 8 extra pop can only be used by a sub race.

BTW. There is "sometimes" a bug that you can store even more pop on your planet than the displayed maxpop value, i.e. in your case even more than 30 pop on your large terran. Mebbe this bug occured in some of your earlier games and it explains then your observations. AFAIK LB hasn't fixed it yet. Anyway this bug abuse is easy to control and we don't use it in our MP games.

rox1979

Postby rox1979 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:01 pm

No was definitely only talking about getting it up to the 30, not the over 30 bit, I have heard of that bug. But I swear in 1.31 you could fill it up with your own guys, not just the subterranean people. It was like once you captured a subterranean population you got that race pick on all the planets you move one member of the captured pop to. And I found with my pop on 23 (22 of mine and one sub) and housing on it wouldn't actually produce any extra population, whereas in 1.31 it would.

ALEX|D

Postby ALEX|D » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:37 am

yo, maybe only the one sub-pop grow while the rest of housing was useless.

the planet can take 22 of ur pop
and 8 of sub-pop.

so u had 22/22 + 1/8.

Lord Brazen
Site Admin

Postby Lord Brazen » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:38 pm

I swear in 1.31 you could fill it up with your own guys, not just the subterranean people.
There was a bug in an earlier version of the game that allowed you to overfill planets by putting a captured subt colonist on a planet. You could then fill it up with your own population to almost double the previous amount. It was also possible to go over the limit (for example getting 35/30 pop). Some of this was fixed (not by me) but it is still buggy. I think it is still possible to overpop with droids.

The way it is supposed to work is this. A planet that can hold 15 regular pop can hold 14 regular pop and 2 subt pop. When you do that it should read 16/16 pop. That is it. No stuffing 29 of regular pop and 1 subt pop.

I do believe there is a bug with housing though relating to mixed pop. The pop is supposed to grow at their races respective growth rates but it does not.

Anyways. Most generally dont mix pop as there is little point.
"Stars are holes in the sky from which the light of the Infinite shine through." - Confucius.

Return to “Support”