Having Problems starting Moo2 under Windows XP SP1

Search these posts first and if your question hasn't already been asked, ask it here!

murphy
Having Problems starting Moo2 under Windows XP SP1

Postby murphy » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:39 pm

Hello,

a friend of mine tried to install moo2, we did the following steps:

Installed Dos-Version of Moo2, changed OrionCd.ini to match the files on the hard drive. After that we installed Patch v1.31 and after that we installed Patch 1.40b22 as said at http://www.noreturn2002.de/masteroforion2.htm. After that we installed Kali, and added the corresponding lines to autoexec2.nt.

If my friend trys to start the shortcut created with the Patch 1.40b22, the Programm crashes while loading and a pop-box appears saying: ", Network [entry1] could not be found.".

Same happes when starting the game from Kali.

He has IPX-Protocol installed, and deactivated it, but it didnt changed a thing

Does anyone know how to handle this?

thx,
Murphy

siron

Postby siron » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:53 pm

I asked LB and he hasnt heard of your message before.

I would try a new install...patch with 1.4 after u installed kali. mebbe this helps somehow. no further idea.

Lord Brazen
Site Admin

Re: Having Problems starting Moo2 under Windows XP SP1

Postby Lord Brazen » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:56 am

If my friend trys to start the shortcut created with the Patch 1.40b22, the Programm crashes while loading and a pop-box appears saying: ", Network [entry1] could not be found.".
Hi Murphy,

I have never experienced this error before or heard of it. The error message is definately generated by the game. I would imagine it has something to do with the network stack and its configuration.

I see from your post that your friend has IPX protocol installed. I would suggest trying to uninstall it and not just disable it. It may be something to do with the network number he has configured for IPX protocal. Also, make sure that kalint.exe is in your autoexec2.nt and that it is loading.

I can't think of anything else to try right now.

Let me know if any of this helps.
"Stars are holes in the sky from which the light of the Infinite shine through." - Confucius.

LordSpawn

Postby LordSpawn » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:38 pm

I'm getting the same error message too when I try and start the game from the dos exe.

Has this error been fixed?
With each kill I grow wiser. With each added wisdom I grow stronger.

siron

Postby siron » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:43 am

Hmmm. You are the 2nd with this problem and we dont know if Murphy's friend has solved it. Do you also have IPX installed?

Have you tried to run it via dosbox?

http://masteroforion2.blogspot.com/2006 ... guide.html

LordSpawn

Postby LordSpawn » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:50 pm

No I have not tried dosbox. HOWEVER. I managed to find a copy of the game on shareaza that Had been set up to run on XP and it works now. So i'm good. :P

I'm very rusty after more than 2 years away from the game. But i'm thanking my lucky stars that I'm back at it. NOW to learn how to mod it up. hehehe MWAAAAHAHAHA

Today taking over the universe. Tomorrow shaping it to my liking. LOL
With each kill I grow wiser. With each added wisdom I grow stronger.

Return to “Support”