Sound issues with MoO2

Search these posts first and if your question hasn't already been asked, ask it here!

Arc
Sound issues with MoO2

Postby Arc » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:04 pm

I do not have the dig.ini or mdi.ini files so I apparently have no sound in dos mode 1.4 any suggestions? I tried VDMSound and it still isn't working. Any help would be appreciated, and in case it goes along with the issue, my disc did not have the install.exe so I had to download the rkernel.com but I don't know if I am missing some other files to run it correctly in dos or not.
2 thousand ways not to make a lightbulb

Brent15

Sound issues with MoO2

Postby Brent15 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:40 pm

Hey Arc,

I hope this info is helpful to you. You should find an execute program 'Setsound' in your Orion2 folder. I also did not have the above mentioned files, as Setsound seems to create them. Therefore, you must run setsound. VDMSound will not work until after you run Setsound. Now, its only fair to mention that LBs XP guide says do not run Setsound. I have not had any problems having done so.

Arc

Sound issues with MoO2

Postby Arc » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:22 pm

well I ran the setsound but it did not create them so I created the manually, and yet I'm still having issues. Working on everything right now I have a Realtek AC'97 Audio card so I don't know. I'll update on here if I get it figured out but if anyone has any advice feel free. Sometimes I can figure things out by playing with them for a while, hopefully.

Arc

Sound issues with MoO2

Postby Arc » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:24 am

fixed it. for those who do not have dig or mdi files running setsound does create them, and just play with it from there to find ur settings. vdmsound does clear up the clicking sounds for the most part, although on some of the animations sound is still a little wonky, pausing on and off, but I think that's more a system issue.

Brent15

Sound issues with MoO2

Postby Brent15 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:20 pm

vdmsound does clear up the clicking sounds for the most part, although on some of the animations sound is still a little wonky, pausing on and off, but I think that's more a system issue.
Yes. I do not have this issue, did you copy the entire disc to your hard drive? If you have not, this is probably the cause of your problem.

Return to “Support”