Problem with trilarian animation

Search these posts first and if your question hasn't already been asked, ask it here!

Paladin1410
Problem with trilarian animation

Postby Paladin1410 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:56 am

Basically the game crashes when I try to speak to the trilarians and the animations are turned on. This does not happen with any other race. There is an error message when under windows, however it is not enlightening. It is also in danish so please excuse my poor translation skills.
"The instruction at "0x00523f62" referenced memory at "0x00205000". The memory could not "written"."

I've installed the game both in a windows version using 1.31 and in a dos version using 1.40 (I know you can play either windows or dos from the same, but there it is). Both installations exhibit the same behaviour. I'm using windows xp sp2.

From what I've found out through searching the web the animation in question would be a part of the Diplomacy.lbx archive file. I've tried reinstalling the file to no avail. Could this file be corrupt on my disc? The file is 44.855 kb large, created on the 9. april 1996, 11:47:24. Is there some way I could get another copy of this file? Or could my problem be something else?

I could, of course, merely turn animations off but it would just not be the same without them. And I know of no way to guarantee the trilarians aren't in the game.

Any ideas would be welcome.

ALEX|D

Postby ALEX|D » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:46 am

Go to Kali´s MoO2 Chat (server 138) http://kali.net/ and Im sure there is anyone who will help u with this file !

Retsia

Postby Retsia » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:26 pm

Your translation skills are perfect. As for the file, I would recommend that you do not put Moo2 in your C: (or whatever directory you are utilizing). First, have the folder in Desktop and put the "Diplomacy" file in there. Install the game normally (DOS or 95 in C: or wherever) and if it does not work this time...paste the seperately downloaded "Diplomacy" file again. And if it does not work this time...that is rubbish...well...see the comment made by Alex.

Paladin1410

Postby Paladin1410 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:12 am

Thanks for the advice. However I 'm not quite clear on the second posters advice - I have the game on a CD-ROM and installed from there. I think I will try the chat area, although asking someone to mail me a 45 MB file might be a bit much... *sigh* I'm not even sure the file is the issue. I will post back later once I've had a chance to get another file (and can take the time from my master's thesis to try it out :)).

Retsia

Postby Retsia » Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:56 pm

You can copy the game from the cd...without installing it. Then follow what I said from my previous post.

Return to “Support”