updated MOO2 repetitive crashes...

Search these posts first and if your question hasn't already been asked, ask it here!

Schko
updated MOO2 repetitive crashes...

Postby Schko » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:24 am

Hi! As all of you, I ADORE Moo2, one of the best games I've played ever! :-)
But.. i have a problem. Im using winxp sp2 on :
AMD 2500+
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro
512mb

Whenever i try to play moo under wXP, the game craches and halts my system; the only thing I can do is to push the little magic button called 'Reset' :-((
This is most annoying! I installed 1.4 patch, and it helped a bit, but when the crash happens (and it always does at least once during the game) only the all-mighty Reset can help me. What shall I do? I cant even imagine to join all of you on Kali....... Please, i'm desperate!

When i try to run Orion95.exe, the game immediately crashes, but my system stays operational.

Another thing.... After the running of Orion2v14.exe, my screen refresh rate drops to 60Hz, causing severe screen "blinkings" :-( and headache if i try to play the game for 30 min or so. Any suggestions about correcting this problem? Thanx. When i start the game with orion95.exe , the refresh rate is 120Hz, which i prefer. i tried to use a 'Refresh lock' on all screen resolutions in my Catalyst drivers, but it doesnt seem to work with MOO2....

Please, i'd appreciate any help. THANX IN ADVANCE! :-)

schkomi@gmail.com

StepNRazor

Postby StepNRazor » Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:24 pm

I had a raedon on old pc with 1.1 amd proc. Changeing drivers can make a big difference. With one drivrer I could alt tab in and out to desktop with another I couldn't. So check for not only new drivers but some old ones. but go with the newest driver first.
Then if it doesn't work instead of getting an older driver next, do a fresh install.
Follow the instructions here http://lordbrazen.blogspot.com/2005/01/ ... 40-on.html
Step 1 is important!
follow all the steps, if you have any error or problems during any of these steps post the errors. also you can try asking people on kali.net klai does offer a free trail sn so use it and get on kali and ask.

PK

Postby PK » Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:01 pm

Hi Schko!

I got some good news and bad news for u.

BAD:
Radeon will never work on more then 60 hz under dos! Its NOT possible since it doesnt have vesa VBE 3.0 . Only some old nvidia cards have it and by using special program u can change it to even 200 hz ( i got 140! )

XP SP2 is not recommended for moo. However Its possible to make it working by changing video drivers or settings. If u got some spare partition u can install win98 which is not easy cos computer wont see xp until u do repair option which will build starting menu ( maybe u can do it alone if u know how ).

We use only dos version on kali, so staying with Radeon means 60 hz for your moo ( i had R9000 and tried to solve this for 6 months and failed, later buyed riva and it works now ).

GOOD:
Its possible to force orion to work on Radeon and xp. Others done that and u can do it also.
Its possible to use Virtual PC to crate separate PC in your local lan and install w98 on it. Problem is with configuring it to see internet ( if u dont have router ). I use vpc and it works!

Regards
PK

Schko

Thanx

Postby Schko » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:09 am

Il try to install moo2 under VirtualMachhine or virtualPC.
First w98se, then MOO........

THANK you for the advice!

:-)

PK

Postby PK » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:15 pm

You are welcome! Write here if you have troubles or mail me czysciciel@op.pl
PK

Return to “Support”