Moo2 modding posibilities

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
yurop
Moo2 modding posibilities

Postby yurop » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:06 am

Hi!

Sorry if there was a similar topic like this somewhere, but I couldn't find...

So I'm asking the experts: what can be modded in Moo2? Which is easy (have specail program like pickHack or just a config. file to modify) and which needs some programing experience.

examples: can we modify...? (and how):
-tech cost
-tech fields (even adding new techs)
-tech feature
-weapons abilities
-galaxy size, density

-etc...many other think in my mind 8)

Lord Brazen
Site Admin

Re: Moo2 modding posibilities

Postby Lord Brazen » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:51 pm

Hi!

can we modify...? (and how):
-tech cost
-tech fields (even adding new techs)
-tech feature
-weapons abilities
-galaxy size, density
Yes, all of these things can be modified. Some items are hard coded though and require modification of the orion2.exe. I am slowly posting some of the info in the modifiations forum.

Some things are easy to mod such as tech costs. Adding/changing techs is complicated as there is tech help, animations, some hard coding involved also.

I am in the process of adding a denser galaxy type "cluster" to the game in an up coming patch. It's not an easy mod.
Last edited by Lord Brazen on Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stars are holes in the sky from which the light of the Infinite shine through." - Confucius.

yurop

Postby yurop » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:52 am

Is there a tutorial maybe? i also would like to modify some elements of the game :) .
About the denser galaxy: I'd like to do the oposite, a sparse galaxy, but with the same number of the planets. It can be made different ways: increase the size of the map, increase the distance of the planets (just a parameter) or maybe the easiest way: just decrease the fuelcells capacity. In this mod there would be more time to develop and the blitz attack would be more difficult.
(i liked the starlane system in moo3 (and the idea of the orion senate and thats all the positive thing I can tell about that game :) ) and I wonder can we do some similar system in moo2?..)

LordSpawn

Postby LordSpawn » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:05 pm

I was wondering can you increase the number of planets in a system?? I think sometimes 5 is not enough. I would like to have as many As I can fit into a single system.
With each kill I grow wiser. With each added wisdom I grow stronger.

Time

Re: Moo2 modding posibilities

Postby Time » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:01 pm

[/quote]I am in the process of adding a denser galaxy type "cluster" to the game in an up coming patch. It's not an easy mod.[/quote]

Awesome!!! :D :D :D

Personally, I'd love to see a galaxy map option of about the size of 4 huge maps. Now that would be an impressive playing field for an 8 player LAN game! :D 300-400 stars, upto 2000 planets, now that would be a longer game.
MOO1 Fan, MOO2 Fan, MOO3 needed too many changes = hopeless, getting older waiting for a MOO4 (still).

Return to “Game Modifications”