changing weapon abilities

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
martock
changing weapon abilities

Postby martock » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:01 pm

In particular the Ion Pulse Cannon, Particle Beam and Death Ray. The first incarnation of the IPC I recall that it was able to auto-fire and maybe shield piercing capabilities. It was reduced after a patch or two. It is possible to bring this back without using CORION2? Personally, I love the IPC (I used the simliar one in MOO 1 on EVERY ship I made) but the AI never uses it and it seems to be pretty weak now.

Also, the particle beam and death rays both have enhancements listed under them but often I find I can never use them other than the Heavy and Point Defense. If memory serves me correct, they both list continuous as a capability but rarely is it available. Any ideas why?

LightningBolt

MODS

Postby LightningBolt » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:22 pm

Antarian Techs are Techlevel 99 or so.
To get the modifications on a weapon you must have several levels above
the Techlevel. (Rightbuttoncontext on weaponmods).
As you never reach Techlevel 99 you won't be able to mod antarian weapons.
Also the weapon miniaturisation does not take place on antarian weapons.

I saw my 32 HVMaulerdevices in Starfortress replaced by 5 HV Deathrays,
grmbl.

Until now i did not find any editor or patch that could adjust this :(

Greets, LightningBolt

PK

Postby PK » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:39 pm

in my revolution 1.0 mod i changed many weapons - they have now new damage ratios etc :)
PK

martock

Postby martock » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:54 pm

Well, this is just something I wish they had not fiddled with from the beginning. I love the IPC and I know that later in the game it is rendered obsolete by the heavier armors, Adamantiam and Neutronium. Any shipped equipped with that kind of armor either never gets hit by an IPC weapon or it only does 1 point of damage.

PK

Postby PK » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:59 pm

Actually you are wrong about armor. IPC ignores everything excepts shields, absorber and dumper. Most important is having good targeting computer, be near to your enemy while shooting and take structural analyzer - it doulbes its damage. 3-5 ipc will kill any ship if u got all good stuff :)
PK

Return to “Game Modifications”