adding / changing monsters

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
martock
adding / changing monsters

Postby martock » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:35 pm

Yesterday I tried to make every monster in the game a Guardian unit. It worked till you visited the system. At that poing, my scout got whacked but so did the Monster. I had started a game with the Orion system removed and wasn't having any problems till this happened.

I decided to create a new ship, called the leviathon and gave it the same stats as the Guardian. Unfortunately, the same thing happens.

Does anyone know how to add a monster to the game that does not disappear the moment the battle is finished.

Lord Brazen
Site Admin

Re: adding / changing monsters

Postby Lord Brazen » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:24 pm

Does anyone know how to add a monster to the game that does not disappear the moment the battle is finished.
martock.

I think the problem is that you are making guardians. Systems that contain monsters have a flag associated (its the system special flag) with them. The value of this flag is different for regular monsters and the guardian. I do not know how the game would react if the flag was set for a regular monster but the monster itself was a guardian. Try editing the system special on one of these guardian systems you made and set it to the value for orion.

It also could be the editor you are using. If you are adding monsters using an editor and not just converting an existing monster to a guardian, I would expect that could be a problem.

Good luck.
"Stars are holes in the sky from which the light of the Infinite shine through." - Confucius.

martock

Postby martock » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:25 pm

Actually, the first time round, I did copy the guardian and drop it all over the game. The second time, I copied the guardian, renamed it and tried again. What I would like to do is to use the image of the guardian for a guardian-like monster.

Return to “Game Modifications”