New Guardian Stats

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
martock
New Guardian Stats

Postby martock » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:42 am

For those out there who have Corion2 and think the Guardian is to weak, try these stats for it.

New Guardian Stats:
Size: Titan
Shield: Class X Shields
Drive: None
Armor: Xentronium Armor
Computer: Moleculartronic Computer
Beam Defense: 10 x5

Specials:
Achilles Targeting Unit
Automated Repair Unit
Battle Scanner
Displacement Device
Hard Shields
Heavy Armor
High Energy Focus
Inertial Nullifier
Lightning Field
Multi-Phased Shields
Multi-Wave ECM Jammer
Rangemaster Unit
Reflection Field
Reinforced Hull
Shield Capacitor
Structural Analyzer
Warp Dissipator
Wide Area Jammer
Regeneration

Weapons:
10 Death Rays (360) Heavy
10 Death Rays (360) None
25 Particle Beams (360) Heavy, Continuous
5 Plasma Torpedos (360) Enveloping, ECCM
5 Plasma Torpedos (360) Enveloping, ECCM
2 Spatial Compressors (360) None
10 Zeon Missiles (360) 100 MIRV, ECCM, Armored, Fast, Emissions Guidance
50 Particle Beams (360) Point Defense

martock

Postby martock » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:36 pm

I was just wondering if anyone had tried these stats out on the Guardian?

siron

Postby siron » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:42 am

Most players on this board only play multiplayer and we play without orion then.

Of course, your guardian is tuffer (mirv emg mercs tactics should have problems now) but fast ships with stasis fields can it still knock out easily when they have initiative.

martock

Postby martock » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:38 am

Most players on this board only play multiplayer and we play without orion then.

Of course, your guardian is tuffer (mirv emg mercs tactics should have problems now) but fast ships with stasis fields can it still knock out easily when they have initiative.
How come you remove Orion? Seems a bit odd that give the games title. You're right about the fast moving ships with stasis fields. That does make the guardian rather pointless but by the time you've got the stasis field, you should have amassed enough fire power to take down the guardian without using a stasis field.

Gusset

Postby Gusset » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:21 pm

How come you remove Orion? Seems a bit odd that give the games title.
Because if taking Orion is permitted, the game can turn into nothing more than a race to find and kill the Guardian. That can be fun, but it's not time well spent in a multiplayer game that takes hours to complete.

By making Orion off-limits, or more recently removing it entirely from the map, the human-vs.-human aspect of the game is raised a notch. When I play against humans, I want the outcome to be DIRECTLY related to the other human player.

This reasoning is also related to other discussions you may have read on this forum about the map itself. Balance of the map is another aspect of the game where the outcome, in the case of an unbalanced map, might not directly depend on the other human player.

When I take the time to go online and play on Kali, I want to spend my 3-8+ hours competing against human opponents, rather than the map. I can play single player when I want to compete against the map.

I hope that makes sense.

-Gusset

martock

Postby martock » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:47 pm

Because if taking Orion is permitted, the game can turn into nothing more than a race to find and kill the Guardian. That can be fun, but it's not time well spent in a multiplayer game that takes hours to complete.

By making Orion off-limits, or more recently removing it entirely from the map, the human-vs.-human aspect of the game is raised a notch. When I play against humans, I want the outcome to be DIRECTLY related to the other human player.

This reasoning is also related to other discussions you may have read on this forum about the map itself. Balance of the map is another aspect of the game where the outcome, in the case of an unbalanced map, might not directly depend on the other human player.

When I take the time to go online and play on Kali, I want to spend my 3-8+ hours competing against human opponents, rather than the map. I can play single player when I want to compete against the map.

I hope that makes sense.

-Gusset
Actually, it makes perfect sense to me. I will probably start a new game tonight and run it without Orion (single player mind you). It certainly makes antarian attacks more important. Given the infrequency of said attacks and the small amount of ships the antarians have, I hope something can be done to make their appearance more 'dramatic'.

As for the Guardian, I may just change all the monsters to Guardians and consider them as left overs from the time of the Orions and Antarians.

Return to “Game Modifications”