Creative AI - eeeek!

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
Jos
Creative AI - eeeek!

Postby Jos » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:34 pm

Hey guys. I just wanted to share a little tweak i am now completely addicted to playing Moo2 with. It's really simple and anyone can mod it into their game to increase the challenge and make the AI decent -

Make all AI races creative.

That's it. Try it - you'll find Moo2 on impossible goes from actually being kinda tough to really bloody difficult.

To do it just use the AI race editor available on Lord Brazens main page.

That is all :D
Moo, i say. Moooo!

Green_Knight

Postby Green_Knight » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:19 pm

It does help a bit - but then again the AI fails to take advantage of most of the lethal combos for ship equipment, so its not THAT much of a boost in tactical combat.

Time

Postby Time » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:54 pm

True. If you want to make them more challanging, make new versions of them to include race picks commonly chosen by us humans, such as Unification, Aquatic, Production+2, Subterranean, LgRchHW, Tolerant.
They will have more than 20 picks, but, it will be more of a challange.
MOO1 Fan, MOO2 Fan, MOO3 needed too many changes = hopeless, getting older waiting for a MOO4 (still).

Green_Knight

Postby Green_Knight » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:24 am

IMO that IS they way to go when playing the AI.

UniTol Darloks with Telephatic, TransDim Ships, +50 Defense, +20 Spy, and +10 GC...can be a challenge, especially if you start them with RichLrgArti HW...

Uni and Tol/Aqua/Subt helps a lot. But don't forget that boosting shipp attack/defense can make AI races a bit more competitive in tactical combat (and the DO need that).

A build like the one above...throw in creative...AND disable tech trading. THAT begins making AI races tough...still sort of unsatisfactory since they are still dumb as rocks, but they are TOUGH :P

Return to “Game Modifications”