Weapon Modding - PANIC!

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
GaiaDefender
Weapon Modding - PANIC!

Postby GaiaDefender » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:17 pm

Hi everyone, nice to see theres a site that loves MOO2 as much as me and my brother too, im certain we are a huge lot in the shadows.

Bored of the gazillion shooters we have nowadays i decided it was time to check some of those god like games unfairly forgotten, u know, age of magic, heroes of might & magic 2, x-com apocalypse and my beloved moo2!

Ive been enjoying my self trying the 1.40 patch, the DC mod etc and thought it was time to mod a bit by myself and here is were im having the trouble.

I used to think i wasnt THAT stupid, but ive been absolutely unable to modify the weapons modifiers(ENV,PD,HM, etc), i wanted to make the particle beam a bit cooler as it sucks IMHO in the standard game, so i started OCLv0.21, extracted a txt, and copy pasted the ion cannon natural mod (ignores armor and structure) under weapons the first series of numbers, and then copy pasted the available mods of the fusion beam again under the second series of numbers of the particle beam.

I then loaded the game and..woha, nothing. Ive been tinkering what i can but i seem to be absolutely unable to achive this seemingly easy task, and its getting frustrating.

I know i can do this with corion2, but i would love to know how to do this, would anyone mind doing this txt with me or teach me how to do it please? I know its probably easy or simple but i dont get how to do it.

Thxs in advance guys :!:

Green_Knight

Postby Green_Knight » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:21 am

Did you not first generate a new .exe and techname.lbx before starting your new game? If you did not, then that explains your problem.

GaiaDefender

Postby GaiaDefender » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:49 am

Did you not first generate a new .exe and techname.lbx before starting your new game? If you did not, then that explains your problem.
how do i generate a new .exe and techname.lbx? i was only extracting a .txt from the orion2.exe and then "calling" it back with ocl to the same orion2.exe i suppose.

thanks for the fast response green knight

Green_Knight

Postby Green_Knight » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:35 am

Just run oclplus.exe again, but this time followed by the name of the txt file you've edited.

Then it outputs a new orion2v140.exe and techname.lbx (with your modifications).

Then you paste them over the original files (back them up first)

Return to “Game Modifications”