@ ALL: Rebalancing the Race Picks Costs

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
Draco
@ ALL: Rebalancing the Race Picks Costs

Postby Draco » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:45 am

Hey everybody... or anybody.

I know this topic is surely one of the most discussed, but nevertheless, I'm in the obsession to rebalance one of my dearest games atm and would like to fall back on your expertise on this special topic since I have only experiences in SinglePlayer or 2Player vs. allCPUs Hotseats so...

Besides, my aim is to make all picks cost an even number of points because ... well I don't know. I think it's just prettier but I am not nailed to that.

What I already figured out myself is, that Tolerant and Lithovore are quite powerful, or that a negative to growth or Feudal Government is a plain shot into your own guts.

I think Repulsive is not so much a disadvantage than Uncreative. So either reduce Repulsive to -4 too, or swaping the values of both.

Similar with Democracy and Unification. With Unification more powerful than Democracy. I am thinkin of reducing Demo to 4 or 6 points.

But how about all the other stuff?

I hope there are still some of you out there.
Till then,

- Draco

c'g~

Postby c'g~ » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:38 pm

Hello, Draco.

First of all, everything in MoO2 is spinning around Tech Tree. So practically all Race picks depend on structure of Techs. So there isn't one sure definition for costs of Race picks.

Secondly, there are a bunch off MoO2 Mods here, which was done by good players with a lot of 'in game' expirience (my EXPa Pro included).
So you need to try them out first. And many of your questoin will disappear.

And thirdly: of course you need more game expirience. Go to mirc channel, find some opponent, lose couple of times and thats it: you have the basics. After that you wouldn't need any side advices.

Let the force be with you,
c'g~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

TerminatorII

Postby TerminatorII » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:21 pm

Everything is better if it is Unification. Therefore I'd put Uni up to +10 Low G isn't that bad of a pick so I'd up it to -3 While Fuedal needs a -10 Demo should go to +5 or +6 while upping spying is neccesary (to keep uni + Spying races more balanced) Tolerant isn't that powerful (Ive found better combos without tol in them) Cyber is and should go up to 5 Lithovore is also powerful. with Uni at +10 Tol at +8 and Lith at +10 and sub at +8 and Aqua at +8 you would effectively ellimnate overpowered mass pop races.

Just my 2 cents

Return to “Game Modifications”