ARGGHHHH which mod

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
DakaSha
ARGGHHHH which mod

Postby DakaSha » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:13 am

hey first off nice forum. nice to see people still appreciate the best space 4x ever made ^^

now... im looking for the most balanced mod. but i also want to to be "more fun" than vanilla moo2

i started with DCMod and love the way the techs are set up (at least in the beginning havnt played it that much)

now im wondering what (in your guys opinion), and why, is the best mod?
VDCMod? DCMod? One of the others???

Its important to me that it be balanced(race picks and basic game structure), have good tech advancement (i love the difficult choices of DCmod :) ) and that stuff makes sense (for instance some mods have techs that should be in biology in physics and so on... cant stand that :P )

well ima try VDCMod now and see how it is :P

edit: also if the AI played better that would be nice ^^

c'g~

Balance or Fun?

Postby c'g~ » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:30 am

Hi, DakaSha.
So you are looking for Modification of MoO2, which is more balanced and in the same time more fun.
It’s hard to advice you with that, because there is not enough open mind players which are playing MoO2 Mods (and MoO2 in general) for determine the Mods’ balance.
As for “fun” it’s even more complicated – there is no strict definition of “fun”: for different people there are different fun things.

But if you ask me, choice is obvious: there are only 2 active MoO2 modifications right now: it’s Irakly’s VDC and EXPa Pro by me.
VDC arguably more balanced and EXPa Pro arguably more fun: it’s all matter of taste.

About better AI: it can’t be done directly; you will not find the modification with different AI behavior than in the original MoO2. But I have some thoughts about it – maybe in next update of EXPa Pro I’ll implement them.

And one more thing. If you will try any of MoO2 mods, please give the author some feedback: write your thoughts about it – it IS really matter to authors to see, that the work which was done by them is not meaningless. Moreover, it will encourage authors to keep mods alive.

With best wishes,
c’g~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

Return to “Game Modifications”