"Very Difficult Choice" Mod, irc channel: irc.quakenet.org/vdc

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
Overlord2

Postby Overlord2 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:02 am

Saves will prove it the best. I don't trust judgements, rather actual results. Give us the saves, where you win.

Darza

Postby Darza » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:59 am

Lol, man, "win". You think you are important enough to prove something presonally to you? Its not my goal to make you believe in something. Goal is to keep people interested in game. Im totally fine if you or somebody else disagree, the sinlge important thing is what all is getting fun.

Overlord2

Postby Overlord2 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:59 pm

Person who doesn't show any interest in confirmation his own words cannot be taken seriously, while the man who preliminary says everything what I say is "bla-bla-bla" is just inadequate. In Warlods 2 game there was well-thought diplomacy and players who breached agreements of peace or behaved violently were losing dipomacy status. One of the bad status was called scoundrel, but it wasn't the worst. The worst was called "running dog", which meant you can trust him same way as the running dog. Very like you, Darza.

Darza

Postby Darza » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:31 pm

Irakly, a brilliant insight, you almost got me! When we played Warlord 2 i was always been turncoat tho, not running dog, running dog was usually reserved for Sitj, but still applause, you starting to climb back in my eyes. But honestly, i dont take you seriously (well, if youll continue with such insigts who knows...), and im also not expecting to get it from you. Peace.

angra

Postby angra » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:06 pm

You think you are important enough to prove something presonally to you?
Well, he is the person who work on this mod so at least in this topic you should treat him as most important person or you will be treated by others as jerk and ignored. Also if you really do not want to prove anything to just one person then there are me and Catalyst_Kh, we would like to see some prove of your statements as well. We see that you are good in wordplay but words without deeds are nothing. You do not have to prove each of your sentences but if you have balls then you should be ready to prove at least the most questioned ones. But if you are just regular troll interesting in fun only then sorry - no more food for you from this moment.

Catalyst_Kh

Postby Catalyst_Kh » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:08 pm

Could you please provide two different saves(two turns before antarans attack in 43b) that illustrate your point, one with low probability of attacks and one with high. It shouldn't take too much of your time to reach 68th(in small pre-warp) turn.
What fun it will be in doing that? :p At least make a couple of educated guesses yourself, about how does it works, before I provide those.

Catalyst_Kh

Postby Catalyst_Kh » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:19 pm

I expected some update from my support team, but it is delayed, consequently VDC update is delayed too.
Luck pick wasn't ever used/important before v43, so, cost it 1 or 10 picks was irrelevant. Maybe now it would be reasonable to make it cost somewhere in 5-8 picks range? It would fit this new situation i believe, so no more freerolling with Antarans. :)

Darza

Postby Darza » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:16 am

Oh my, some random guy threatening to ignore me! Again, as i told im totally fine with it, moreover, im prefer if people, whom i value low, dislike me, otherwise it went into a sad paradox. I cant guess what is most "questioned sentences" in your eyes is, but i can post some non-TAS speedrun of huge, dunno if its what you want to see. http://speedy.sh/KQMRw/SAVE1.GAM

And yes, i dont have a balls, man, you guessed right. Im 14-yrs old Japanese schoolgirl, so its just the way it is. But its good what you angered, this mean you was actually reading what i wrote, and was preparing an acidic answers, so you are dedicated player, and have a good chance to learn fast, glad what it worked.

Catalyst, lucky was used as fun pick in multiplayer, coz it make it possibly to get a good random event in a game with events turned off, thats why it was 1, not 0

Overlord2

Postby Overlord2 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:48 am

@Darza
Lol man, when a running dog offers you peace, you cannot trust it! Even a turncoat, he will betray you at the first convenient opportunity.
But looks like I made mistake with you, you're incorrigible troll, and moo2 discussion is used just as an instrument for trolling purposes. You haven't reached height in any area of activity in life so dedicated yourself to trolling. Very sad... Such trolls should be treated accordingly: same way as dangerous viruses - isolated and put in quarantine.
Checked the save, you used interceptors from alkari leader AI can't handle so early, without those interceptors things would be different. At least some use from you, found one imbalance for blitz setting :P

Darza

Postby Darza » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:04 pm

Primo, id want to heartly thank for warm acception of my work. Its always a joy to get such a thing. Secondo, in fact i showd a great dedication to community in theyr pursuit of knowlege, thus leadin to tertio, i was so dedicated, so even had to leak one obvious thing to you, what im strongly avoid usually, but celebrating a victory over Poles, i could be generous, so, as a side effect you learned 2 things, one you mentioned, and, maybe more important, a phrase "lol, man".

Overlord2

Postby Overlord2 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:32 pm

Interceptors issue was known long ago, show us what you can achieve w/o interceptors.

Catalyst_Kh

Postby Catalyst_Kh » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:00 pm

some non-TAS speedrun of huge, dunno if its what you want to see. http://speedy.sh/KQMRw/SAVE1.GAM
Very nice save, thanks. But, once again, it is absolutely freerolling, when telepathic – AI is helpless against telepathic. I suspect my speed of conquering AIs “from scratch” is not optimal, thus I am eager to see how you will end the game before first Antarans ships come, in this exact settings: small galaxy, average tech startup, 7 impossible AI opps, no telepathic. Starting strings something like that (change some if you like):
vdcgm2 /skipintro /planets=5 /monsters=0 /nosplint /noorion /nonebula /nowh /nobh /noreport
cryogen
mapgen -t toxic -t upoor -t fixedhw -t gaia
Catalyst, lucky was used as fun pick in multiplayer, coz it make it possibly to get a good random event in a game with events turned off, thats why it was 1, not 0
Then I am taking my offer back, let's player decides himself if he wants to freeroll with Antarans ripping all AIs apart by 1 pick for lucky, or he doesn't want a game like that. While multiplayer will still have this fun option. :)

Darza

Postby Darza » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:31 pm

Catalyst, im never sayd what you can achieve same results with different races. If you want to add challenge by playing suboptimal race - its ok, but i just have other stuff to do than playing some suboptimal races in vdc, im interested only in optimal ones and antiraces, massive of suboptimal ones is too large to be dragged into. On this certain proposed map settings i guess you can acheve it by simple obliteration of every planet, coz unlike other maps they provide no great importance in extending range. I guess you can acheve this result after some tries if you interested in this.

Catalyst_Kh

Postby Catalyst_Kh » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:05 pm

On this certain proposed map settings i guess you can acheve it by simple obliteration of every planet, coz unlike other maps they provide no great importance in extending range.
Just try it man, test your intuition. :wink: Antarans should come around turn 70+.

Darza

Postby Darza » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:13 am

Just to clarify things, man, you really suppose what many people would rush to do anything what some stranger in internet will ask them to do? Maybe when ill finish all my work and replay a whole moo1 ill be bored enough to play under such setting, but have doubts what it would happen earlier. And understand me right, these estimates was for you in case you could find usage for them, coz you sayd you are interested in vdc singleplayer, and also if you will look at uploaded fun save, and will think alittle, you also could realize what this save is not only about antaran bonus laugh.

Return to “Game Modifications”