"Very Difficult Choice" Mod, irc channel: irc.quakenet.org/vdc

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
ittarter

Postby ittarter » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:31 pm

Well, I'm fooling around with the settings for VDC that you recommended, and hopefully I will soon feel up to installing Kali and playing online.

I miss having lots of shitty planets everywhere. This game feels, err, less realistic. More streamlined? So that "chance" doesn't determine the outcome of each MP game?

However, taking out Orion, the Report option, unguarded splinter colonies, being able to have a minimum number of planets in your home system... All that is pretty great, even for SP.

Hey, why don't asteroid belts and gas giants spawn in the galaxies anymore? (At least, they don't seem to.)

Cabman

Postby Cabman » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:37 am

We gather at MOO2 IRC chat ( see http://lordbrazen.blogspot.com/). Kali is not used anymore.
Asteroids and gas giants are removed in good map mods . You have regular planets instead of it.

Overlord2

Postby Overlord2 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:44 am

Well, I'm fooling around with the settings for VDC that you recommended, and hopefully I will soon feel up to installing Kali and playing online.
I guess Cab gave you not precisely right link, here is another:
http://masteroforion2.blogspot.com/2006 ... guide.html
In the bottom of dosbox guide you can see the IRC channel coordinates: irc://irc.quakenet.org/moo2

Btw, there are many new players, so any new players can always find opponents, who match their skills...
I miss having lots of shitty planets everywhere. This game feels, err, less realistic. More streamlined? So that "chance" doesn't determine the outcome of each MP game?
Well, this set of commands keeps from restarting game many times. Big difference in the initial starting conditions will result in big difference of performance of the players. Such games are often conceded at contact.
Hey, why don't asteroid belts and gas giants spawn in the galaxies anymore? (At least, they don't seem to.)
It's a feature of the "goodmap" map generator. However you can encounter asteroids and gas giants with VDCREG.exe, which uses original moo map generator.

ittarter

Postby ittarter » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:48 pm

Thanks, guys. Maybe I'll see you there sometime.

Cabman

Postby Cabman » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:23 am

I guess Cab gave you not precisely right linK
My link was precise...you can enter the chat directly from there.

Astax

Postby Astax » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:39 am

Good to see you continue your work on the mod. I'm enjoying the new rebalance. I still haven't digested all of it :) Mostly because I am rusty! So I can't tell if my races stink int he mod or if I am playing them poorly!

Overlord2

Postby Overlord2 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:27 pm

Thanks Astax, I was trying to improve race balance, I hope I achieved my goal.
So what are your races?

ittarter

Postby ittarter » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:38 pm

Someone was telling me that you made Tolerant and Lithovore too expensive, but didn't elaborate much. The insinuation was that you wanted to nerf the demo litho pop race.

I'd like to know more about why they cost so much now.

ittarter

Postby ittarter » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:55 pm

Someone was telling me that you made Tolerant and Lithovore too expensive, but didn't elaborate much. The insinuation was that you wanted to nerf the demo litho pop race.

Astax

Postby Astax » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:12 am

I been trying the usual. Play few Uni Sub, Demo Aqua, Cyber Tol. I find I stink with Cyber Tol the most atm :)

Astax

Postby Astax » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:13 am

I been trying the usual. Play few Uni Sub, Demo Aqua, Cyber Tol. I find I stink with Cyber Tol the most atm :)

Overlord2

Postby Overlord2 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:25 am

Someone was telling me that you made Tolerant and Lithovore too expensive, but didn't elaborate much. The insinuation was that you wanted to nerf the demo sub lith race.

The Dict, Sub, Lith, +100 pop race was considered the strongest race in the playing community, moreover it was overpowered, which means it could beat other races in most starting conditions. And Demo, Sub, Lith was of the same potential, if not more. To allow competetive games with no overpowered races involved, I had to nerf these races.
As for tolerant, previously you could construct a couple of overpowered races with it too. One of them: tol, +2food, +100 pop, rich hw, or cyber, tol, +1prod, +100 pop, rich hw...
Even now you can construct some very powerful races with tol. For example:
cyber tol +2prod, large, rich hw, -food, repulsive. With good start this race is almost unbeatable.
Last edited by Overlord2 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Overlord2

Postby Overlord2 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:32 am

Did you watch Cabman's cyber tol video? I think you need to review it again, and try to repeat his actions...

Jano

Postby Jano » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:58 am

Everything is beautiful but creatiwe is too strong, 4-way spoils the fun and even 1v1 is nasty. :)

Astax

Postby Astax » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:51 am

Well creative needs more time to pull ahead :) I think we can review creative if you feel it is undervalued. Problem is if you increase cost it will mean only 1 creative race will be possible, right now I think you can have 2 or 3 different ones.

I think I watched the cyber tol video while back, not sure thou. I used to have a pretty good cybertol play myself :) Hell it was one of the first races I made in original that was like an OMG race.

Return to “Game Modifications”