New EXPa Mod

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
c'g~
New EXPa Mod

Postby c'g~ » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:42 am

Hi, everyone. Without hesitation I’m proudly present the brand NEW Mod for MoO2 – EXPa Mod by c’g~

U can find it here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/96157818/EX ... _by_cg.exe

How to Install (Mod estimated for 1.40b23 version of MoO2):
- Install MoO2 (or Reinstall it in different directory, U may lose Ur previous data if U don’t do it)
- Patch it to 1.31 version (U can download it here: http://lordbrazen.blogspot.com/2005/01/download.html)
- Patch it to 1.40b23 version (again at http://lordbrazen.blogspot.com/2005/01/download.html)
- Unpack downloaded SFX archive (with EXPa Mod) in directory with installed Master of Orion 2 with OVERWRITING
- ATTENTION! Launch EXPa.exe and ENJOY!

Couple of words about EXPa Mod:
EXPa Mod is all about one “thing” and, I think, I managed to catch that “something”, that other moders wasn’t able to grasp (I didn’t mean to offend anybody, I just want to say that my EXPa MOD is unique and not just some sort of reproduction, regardless some similarities though). And that “something” is a balance, balance between Production and Science, Food and Lithovore, Pollution and Tolerance, and many more. Of course, EXPa MOD is not so bright like PK Evolution with its xenon technologies and isn’t so fast like Siron DC MOD with light speed science. But EXPa MOD preserves the feeling that U are playing in ORIGINAL MoO2, but with more complex, versatile, balanced gameplay.

So what changes EXPa Mod brings in MoO2 (I’ll say it all in general, I don’t want to kill Ur curiosity with some precise numbers):
- firs of all it’s Race picks – I changed them considerably for purpose of more fair balance between Production/Science (of course) and for MUCH more possibilities of Custom Race creation (now it’s not so comfy – U can’t just pick UniTol without serious minuses)
- than, it’s Tech Tree – it was remake thoroughly, but at first glance U will not find so many differences – they will show up when U’ll play (earlier I sad that U can’t pick UniTol without serious minuses, but U can find the way to overcame them through My redesigned Tech Tree). And of course the Tech Tree is a Key to balance, that I mention before
- eventually, after Tech Tree there was changes in Tech themselves (I’m to lazy for specifying them all – just play – I mentioned them all in game itself – just be attentive. In general I can say, that changes affecting practically: ALL weapons, ALL Sub Systems, ALL Computers, ALL Hulls, ALL buildings, and many more other “ALL” – and of course it’s ALL about balance)
- again, for balance, I upgraded Heroes – now U don’t want to be Repulsive – Heroes changed for good (price to hire was changed accordingly by Game itself)
- and for fan of Single Player games, I changed standard (preconstructed) Races (now they can bother U even on Normal level of difficulty)

So, ENJOY!

Almost forgot, I want to thanks to:
- Lord Brazen & Dmitry Yulmukhametov for OCL game editor
- Grig de Griz for excellent MoO2 Workshop
- PK – for will to help
- and Myself for 2 months of hard work

If U have some suggestion, proposition or comment – U always can find me Here, at this forum (http://www.spheriumnorth.com/orion-forum/nfphpbb/)

c’g~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
Last edited by c'g~ on Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:51 am, edited 7 times in total.

c'g~

How to download from depositfiles.com

Postby c'g~ » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:44 am

Just in case, if someone don’t know how to download from depositfiles.com (or Rapidshare.com):

- after link entering of downloading file, scroll down and press RIGHT button “download” (It’s free downloading)
- wait 100 seconds
- after waiting U will see the number code - enter it at the field at the left near that code
- press download
Last edited by c'g~ on Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

c'g~

New link for Rapidshare

Postby c'g~ » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:07 pm

If anyone have problems with depositfiles, I placed another link with EXPa Mod for Rapidshare (same system of downloading). U can find it at first message in this topic
Last edited by c'g~ on Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

c'g~

wow!

Postby c'g~ » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:18 am

Wow!

I have TWO downloads of my EXPa mod – I really happy to know that!
That’s mean that my work isn’t meaningless – THANK U for support!
But I want some feedback. I would be really glad to hear some of yours opinion, propositions, suggestions about EXPa Mod.

c'g~

EXPa Mod Update to 1.3

Postby c'g~ » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:49 pm

So, the EXPa Mod is growing. It’s already 1.3 version!! Have it (all links updated)!

c'g~

Update to 1.4

Postby c'g~ » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:45 am

Hi, guys!
U wouldn’t believe me – EXPa Mod updated to version 1.4 (3 updates in a row at 2 days)!
All links updated.

localhosed

Expa 1.4

Postby localhosed » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:06 pm

Thank you for making this. I just started a game today and like the changes. I think you are trying to make choosing more techs difficult choices, but the tree is different than DC mod also.

I think too that the weapon techs were moved mostly to later in the tree. I like that because i think in most games i hardly use lasers or fusion beams because I avoid attacking until i have a better weapon than that, which usually doesn't take long. Maybe you have increased the required RP for all techs too?

The race pick points are lower than I remember, so my race did have more negative picks than I usually have. I made my first race a Warlord, -1 research, -1 spy, subterranean, high gravity, trans dimensional.

I'm glad you changed the help text descriptions to match some of your changes, it makes it easier to know what is different from the stock game.

You said that you thought some people wouldn't want to know all the changes made but I would rather know them all before playing. But i'm going to play some more tonight and try to get into some combat.

c'g~

EXPa Mod updated to 1.5

Postby c'g~ » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:17 am

EXPa Mod updated to version 1.5

U can download it from one of following links:
http://rapidshare.com/files/96928011/EX ... _by_cg.exe

I posted links here because EXPa Mod was changed drastically and maybe somebody likes EXPa 1.4 (U can find links for 1.4 at my first post here).
Thank you for making this. I just started a game today and like the changes. I think you are trying to make choosing more techs difficult choices, but the tree is different than DC mod also.
Hi, localhosed. Thank YOU for reply! I’m glad that U interested in EXPa. I tried to make it for gameplay with fun and interest.
I think too that the weapon techs were moved mostly to later in the tree.
On the contrary, I moved unused Weapon Techs to more early research fields. Other mostly used weapons situated relatively on the same places. Look one more time
Maybe you have increased the required RP for all techs too?
Again, on the contrary, I decreased required RP for all Techs
The race pick points are lower than I remember, so my race did have more negative picks than I usually have. I made my first race a Warlord, -1 research, -1 spy, subterranean, high gravity, trans dimensional.
Yes, I changed race pick points for more balance.
-1 Research is too devastating for economy of presented race of yours. Try Democracy, +1 Research, Warlord, -20 Ship Defense, -10 Ground Combat, Repulsive.
You said that you thought some people wouldn't want to know all the changes made but I would rather know them all before playing.
For posting all changes in EXPa Mod precisely needs too much time and space (too many changes). So again…

Rough list of changes:
1. Optimized Tech Tree (See in the Game)
2. RP costs decreased
3. Race Pick Costs (See in the Game)
4. Buildings and Space Bases Costs and Maintenance (mostly decreased)
5. Beam Weapons: Damage increased mostly (See in corresponding descriptions in the Game)
6. Missile/Torpedo Weapon: Nuklear/Merculite Missile Damage decreased, other M/T Weapons damage increased mostly (See in corresponding descriptions in the Game)
7. Computers Beam Attack Bonus decreased
8. Special Systems Cost and Space decreased mostly. Warp Dissipater, Wide Area Jammer can’t be mounted on Frigate and Destroyers (See in corresponding descriptions in the Game)
9. Discontinuity between Armors equated
10. Fuel Cells Range Decreased
11. Shields start with Class II Shield, not with Class I Shield. Further no changes in Shields
12. Heroes Upgraded
13. And many more others minor changes

Again, thank U, localhosed, for your concern. Try EXPa Mod version 1.5

c'g~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
Last edited by c'g~ on Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

localhosed

Postby localhosed » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:31 pm

Do you know if using version 1.5 will load my 1.4 savegame?

I doubt it, but I will download 1.5

Well, with the race i'm using now, I am building ships slowly, but my BC income is good. Research has been slow, but I got lucky and colonized an artifact Large tundra world as my first new colony. Also a leader there gives a 15% research bonus, so it has boosted my research.

I'm using my rich homeworld to make ships and a small terran world to make food. Nearby the trilarians have just made (probably temporary) peace with the neighbor klackons. Since they are both near I plan to conquer them both as soon as possible with my heavy G troops and fusion rifle. The klackons do have personal shields though, so they might be slightly harder.

I think i will need optronic computer or a new weapon if my fleet can't destroy theirs soon enough.

c'g~

Final Update for EXPa Mod

Postby c'g~ » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:10 am

Final Update for EXPa Modversion 1.6

U can download it from one of following links:
http://rapidshare.com/files/97177924/EX ... _by_cg.exe

Sorry for rapid updating in such short period of time. For me – v1.6 is Final Update. But if essentials comments about upgrading of EXPa Mod keep coming, then of course I’ll do some further updates to EXPa.
Do you know if using version 1.5 will load my 1.4 savegame?
Yes, of course. All version of EXPa Mod can load all versions of EXPa saves
Well, with the race i'm using now, I am building ships slowly, but my BC income is good. Research has been slow, but I got lucky and colonized an artifact Large tundra world as my first new colony. Also a leader there gives a 15% research bonus, so it has boosted my research.
Just pretend, what would be with your Research Speed in presented situation if U NOT decreased, but increased your Research (+1 Research)? It would be very fast compared with what U have now (besides your BS income would be the same). But, of course it’s your choice – I’m just advising.
I think i will need optronic computer or a new weapon if my fleet can't destroy theirs soon enough.
In EXPa v1.6 U can more easily pick up the Optronic Computer. Give it a look.

Thanks for your support.
c’g~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

Return to “Game Modifications”