Modding Weapon Stats

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
Zachariah
Modding Weapon Stats

Postby Zachariah » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:39 am

Hello guys, im new to this board. And very happy to have found it. You have some nice mods going around here. I just picked up MoO2 again, giving a nostalgic feeling. Still a great game. But, as you guys here, I feel that the game needs some changes. The first thing I would like to tweak with is weapon stats. But I couldnt find how to do this. Can someone help me with to start off?

Gratz, Zach

PK

Postby PK » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:25 pm

my mod - evolution ( u ll find topic here ) changes many weapons ... try it!
PK

c'g~

Re: Modding Weapon Stats

Postby c'g~ » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:40 pm

I would like to tweak with is weapon stats. But I couldnt find how to do this. Can someone help me with to start off?
Hi, Zachariah.
Use ocl editor - U can find it at Lord Brazens Blog (for more info read TXT with it)

Turbo Beholder

Postby Turbo Beholder » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:54 pm

As to details, it seems very few things can be done beyond possibilities used in MoO2. I tried to modyfy weapons properties (StructLook, definition based on OCLplus data).
MoO2 can't use extra "Mods enabled" flags on Design Screen / weapon selection if they aren't already used in this weapon group (NRD for beams and torpedos, Pd|Hv|Co|SP|AP|AF for beams only, etc).
The same for innate properties. I set "hard-radiation" (Neutron Blaster & Death Ray) flag for Nuclear Missile, burned off starbase's shield and Pd with IonPulse-s and started to hurl missiles in packs. No way. 80 HP damage and not a single Marine hit, again and again.
Hence - obey known limits until respective code will be located and remade.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better."
- Michele Carter

Tifi

Postby Tifi » Thu May 01, 2008 6:10 am

If you are so inclined, you could use Corion to modify any pre-existing ships in a savegame.

Particle Beams with AF+AP+ENV+NR+CO+EMG:shock: are really really too much fun :P

Return to “Game Modifications”