change costs of race abilites

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
Liam Lennon
change costs of race abilites

Postby Liam Lennon » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:57 am

hey guys

at first, i'm from germany and my english isn't that perfect, so i hope you understand what i'm trying to ask ;)

i play moo2 since eight or more years and i really love it. you may laugh, but a few days ago i played it the first time on impossible. and with seven opponents its really hard.
so my question is, can i change the race picks to use more abilities? for example, the "+2 production" costs 3 instead of 6 picks. on a site i found with google, someone wrote, i have to chance some offsets in the "racestuf.lbx", but when i opened the file, i weren't able to find these offsets.

i hope you understand my question and you can give me some advices how to do this. and don't get me wrong, i just wanna train to play on impossible.

thanks a lot

liam lennon

Matthew

Postby Matthew » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:32 pm

It is possible but it may be easier to just read up on winning strategies.

Lord Brazen
Site Admin

Re: change costs of race abilites

Postby Lord Brazen » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:15 pm

can i change the race picks to use more abilities? for example, the "+2 production" costs 3 instead of 6 picks. on a site i found with google, someone wrote, i have to chance some offsets in the "racestuf.lbx", but when i opened the file, i weren't able to find these offsets.
There is a tool to edit race picks called Pickhack. You can download it here.
"Stars are holes in the sky from which the light of the Infinite shine through." - Confucius.

Return to “Game Modifications”