Antaran should attack everybody

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
TopCat
Antaran should attack everybody

Postby TopCat » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:56 pm

hi,

I dont know if this bug were rised but
I have just got ugly (for me) bug. My colony were under blocade of Ai player fleet (quite big) and additional I got Antaran attack event on that system. I thought that Antarans first attack any fleet in that system and then attack planet (in my case kill or make weaker enemy fleet) but no... they just come , attak my colony and dont touch enemy fleet (colony were destroy and enemy fleet just go to my another system)

IMGO in such cases Antaran should attack any forces in that system not only player.

Darza

Re: Antaran should attack everybody

Postby Darza » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:42 pm

Antarans are coming not just to some star, they are coming for some star of some player, who have a colony there, to attack it. They shouldnt bother about somebody else's fleets there at all, and they do not, they attack their target colony.

TopCat

Postby TopCat » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:38 pm

ok... But even when Antaran want precisely attack one colony then on long orbit exist some fleet which may block way to this colony. And this other fleet may have some objection about destroying colony they want invade (and simple wait for transport ships or something like that). Additional I don't agree that Antaran don't care about existence of lesser spices fleet on they way.

Another use case is that ally player may send own fleet to defend my colony for Ant. raid

Darza

Postby Darza » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:58 pm

As you know, each fleet in moo2 on a given star have only one attack per turn. You cannot arrive with large fleet on a system with 5 enemy colonies and capture them all in same turn, even if they are unguarded. You can do only one attack. Same is applying for Antarans. They can do only one attack, and they want to use it on a target they came for. As they are Antarans, they have a right to attack prior other fleets can, so they cannot be intercepted. As they are Antarans - they will disappear after battle.

Probably, it should be easier if you will put yourself on Antaran place:
You send a large fleet to capture or destroy some colony, what you really want to capture or destroy. But when your fleet arrive at star where that colony is - there suddenly also a 1 scout ship of some 3-rd race, not colony owner. According to your logic explained above - you should use a single attack of your fleet of 100 doomstars to attack that frigate instead of colony. As that frigate may have some objection about destroying colony you want to invade (and simple wait for transport ships or something like that). Suppose you do. Next turn another such frigate arrive. You cannot attack colony again, and have to attack scout again etc. So its either become some weird global rule "any player have to attack some fleet that have no accompanying colony first, instead of what he want", or you want to impose it on Antarans only, while keeping the right to chose for yourself.

About agree or not agree - they dont care, its the way game works. It could be changed, surely, to meet your expectations about how it should be. Same goes to Antaran interception - its impossible in game, but could be changed, again. But more reasonable way seems to just get how that mechanic is working, so i tried to describe it here.

Return to “Game Modifications”