Fan Patch 1.50.18

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
Rocco
Fan Patch 1.50.18

Postby Rocco » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:11 am

The unofficial 1.50 fan patch for Master of Orion II: Battle at Antares can be downloaded from here:
http://moo2mod.com

Fixes most game bugs, enhances tactical combat mechanics and introduces new game features like:
  • Build queue management with custom build lists.
  • Play against a random number of opponents.
  • 6th ship design slot.
  • 'Unbuy' option.
  • On-the-fly mapgen.
  • Mapmods.
  • Extensive modding support.
Changelog:
http://moo2mod.com/patch/CHANGELOG_150.TXT

Feel free to test it out and leave comments/feedback below.
Last edited by Rocco on Fri May 15, 2020 12:17 pm, edited 55 times in total.

Darza

Re: 1.50 Fan Patch

Postby Darza » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:25 am

Last edited by Darza on Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kao

Re: 1.50.0.2 Fan Patch

Postby kao » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:01 pm

Hi, first of all thanks for the hard work!

Now a question, can I in 1.50 enable/disable certain technologies or alter certain aspects using the configuration file?

For example, disabling planetary shields technology, or disabling the necessity of command points or altering the default value of command points generated per colony.

Rocco

Postby Rocco » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:00 am

Hi and thanks for feedback

We have not planned for changes like the 3 you mentioned.
But it is possible to make changes to the techtree, to customize your game.
For that you need the tool OCL_Improved that can be downloaded from here:
http://moo2.nirran.com/

What do you mean with 'altered value' of command points per colony?

kao

Postby kao » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:04 am

What do you mean with 'altered value' of command points per colony?
I might be wrong here but if I remember correctly each colony generate x amount of command points, and warlord race pick increases this value

I am wondering if the patch allows for modifying that, for example: each colony generating 5 command points.

Darza

Postby Darza » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:53 pm

Actually its planned, but this is just test release version with very limited functionality yet. By now you can do some additional modding using external tools, as Rocco said.

Astax

Postby Astax » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:23 pm

Excellent work! I am looking forward to this patch :) A lot of fixes are small but have been long time coming :)

Mrac

Postby Mrac » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:27 pm

I love the patch. Build queue is great. Is there a way to do a "repeat build"?

Um, I'm not sure if this is the right place to make suggestions, or if this is even something that can be fixed, but there is a bug left over from the original (or some early patch). You can cycle through the colonies' build screens by using the > and < keys. However, if you accidentally leave trade goods in place in front of a production item and leave the build screen using those keys, the trade goods are not automatically removed. It's not a big deal, just a bug I remembered.

Darza

Postby Darza » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:09 pm

Repeat build - probably. By now only actual buildings are included, so no point in it yet anyway.

Yes, its a decent place for suggestions, according to original post. And yes, its a very good find, confirmed, and it should be fixed relatively soon, due to your efforts, great thanks for providing such clear and precise description, man.

negatratoron

Postby negatratoron » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:33 pm

Awesome work! Excited that the ship costs bug is fixed.

Rocco

Re: 1.50.1 Fan Patch

Postby Rocco » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:45 pm

Thanks!

We have just released an update aptly named '1.50.1'.

Full Changelog: http://moo2mod.com/patch/README_150.TXT

manikinator

Postby manikinator » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:40 am

Will try this patch.

Thanks 4 sharing, rocco :D

Green_Knight

Postby Green_Knight » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:55 am

This is exiting: haven't looked at MoO for ages, and now this? I'll give it a try :D

Belix

Postby Belix » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:05 pm

Impressive patch. I have to admit I didn't expect to see any more significant work put into improving or enhancing the core game any more after so long. I read the documentation and have played around with some of the new features. Nice stuff!

I've been using Lord Brazen's v1.4 patch for many years and put some of its new features to good use, particularly NoReport to make play against computers more challenging. But these changes made me realize there are some other things I wished Master of Orion II could do, and that I'd better offer them as suggestions while there is active development, so here's some ideas that others will hopefully share interest in and wouldn't be too difficult to implement:

/nooriontech - Orion yields no techs when captured
/noorionship - Orion yields neither Lochnar nor his ship [with nooriontech, you just get the system]
/nocustomraces - In multiplayer, the Custom Race option will be unavailable - stock races only
/compsally - AI players ally each other but declare war on Human Players [so you can 3v3c, 1v7c, 2v6c, etc.] *see note
/alliedvision - Allied fleets become visible, and you can see any fleets their ships or scanners see
/allieddesigns - Can right-click the ships of allied players and see their ship designs.
/noallyattack - Human players cannot attack allies without declaring war first; no prompts to attack fleets or colonies if only allies are present in that system
/noplayertechgifts - Humans cannot gift techs.
/noplayertechtrade - Humans cannot exchange techs.
/noplayertechsteal - Humans cannot steal techs. [With all 3, humans must research pretty much everything themselves.]

And a couple miscellaneous things:

1) If not already possible, an option to adjust self destruct chance for Quantum Detonator. Personally I'd like to set it at 100% to make Antaran vessels much harder to capture, requiring the Detonator to be damaged before capture is even possible. Presently it is far too easy to capture Antaran vessels with a pack of Assault Shuttles and some decent rifles.

2) Option to disable some custom racial traits entirely for the purpose of MP games, particularly Repulsive, Omniscient and Stealthy Ships.

3) Change the behavior of the picks=# command as follows:
-maxpicks=#, a new parameter that sets a limit for picks in MP games. This way you can prevent others from using 14 picks if you wish. It should probably default to 10.
-picks=# should have a lower limit of 0, so a player can handicap themselves to 0 if they so wish. A higher maximum (20-30) for anyone who wants to use that makes sense, too, when combined with the above maxpicks feature.

4) A switch that lets you control what races the AI picks when the game starts. Example syntax: /airaces psilon silicoid sakkra klackon -- each computer taking its turn would take races in that order, so comp #1 would be Psilon, and so forth.

I realize of course that 'cheaters' could break some of these rules easily, but the purpose for things like maxpicks etc. is not to prevent cheating, just to arrange a game with a specific set of rules easier among multiple players. It's easier to abide by the rules when everyone is playing by the same rules instead of just being asked not to use trait X or not exceed Y picks.

Thanks for the consideration, and my appreciation and gratitude to Rocco, Lord Brazen, and anyone else who may have been involved with this. You rock!

*EDIT: I should elaborate on AI alliances. Comps shouldn't ally magically at game start - this might lead to bizarre situations like trying to send Colony Ships stupidly far away, or to attack a player on the opposite side of a Huge galaxy on turn 20. Ideally they start with Non-Aggression and can form Alliances later of their own volition, or are encouraged somehow to do so.

Rocco

Postby Rocco » Mon May 02, 2016 6:28 pm

thanks for taking time to write feedback & suggestions!

i like your switch idea's, makes me think of AoE II MP setup somehow, where you could form teams and fill them up with random or specific a.i players. Not sure it is easy to implement though.

instant replies on some of your miscellaneous items:

1) If not already possible, an option to adjust self destruct chance for Quantum Detonator.
- this will be adjustable in our next update to the patch.

2) Option to disable some custom racial traits entirely for the purpose of MP games, particularly Repulsive, Omniscient and Stealthy Ships.
- in next update you will be able to customize race-ability cost in config, so instead of disable them completely you can increase the #picks to make these unattractive / expensive race options.

3) Change the behavior of the picks=# command as follows:
-maxpicks=#, a new parameter that sets a limit for picks in MP games. This way you can prevent others from using 14 picks if you wish. It should probably default to 10.
-picks=# should have a lower limit of 0, so a player can handicap themselves to 0 if they so wish. A higher maximum (20-30) for anyone who wants to use that makes sense, too, when combined with the above maxpicks feature.
- there will be adjustable min and max pick values in the next update.

Return to “Game Modifications”