Boosting planetary defenses?

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
The Phoenix
Boosting planetary defenses?

Postby The Phoenix » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:52 pm

In the re-balancing mod I'm making (and have nearly finished), I'd like to make planetary defenses have 10x the basic hit points. I have not found out how to do that, however (I tried changing the numbers in the ship section of the OCL-produced files, but it didn't produce any difference when translated back into the game).

Is there anything that I can do to produce that effect?

siron

Postby siron » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:27 pm

I dont understand exactly. When I change the armor/structure values of the ships I see the effects.

I havent found a direct way to increase planet defense. What I have done in DC is to reduce ship values but neutralizing this effect by improving the bonuses of the armor techs. So ships are unchanged but planet defense (and also fighters(!) etc.) have defacto more hitpoints.

But the factor of 10 you have in mind would cause some imbalance if you use this method. (almighty fighters!)

The Phoenix

Postby The Phoenix » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:07 pm

Ok. Having play-tested the mod some more, it may not really be necessary; changing the fuel cells to 4, 5, 6 et.c. parsecs has given enough advantage to the defender already; being able to defend bottle-neck points and forcing the attacker to actually invade worlds (or replace them with new colonies) in order to reach deeper into the defender's territory has by itself reduced the "all wars are blitz wars" issue I was having. Especially when coupled with the reduction in drive speed (1 per level) which gives further advantage to the defender.

Return to “Game Modifications”