Some .exe editing questions

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
Some .exe editing questions

Postby Newbie » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:26 am

I have used SymDump to get the overview of the basic structure of the .exe and I have also got a hexadecimal editor to do any editing that needs to be done.

However, I am having difficulties figuring some things out and I have not found any clues in previous threads on this forum. Having reviewed lists of other mods, it seems that there is more knowledge available than just the threads here would suggest - and so I ask these questions in the hope that some of them may be answered.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

* How do I disable Housing?

* Where are scanner (space, tachyon, neutron, sensor) ranges located?

* Where can one toggle which climates allow the construction of Terraforming?
* Where can one set the result of a Terraforming for different climates?
(I do think I have seen that a mod makes Atmospheric Renewer turn Toxic climates into something else.)

* Is it possible to make racial picks mutually exclusive so that clicking on one deselects any of the other specified picks?
(Current examples: rich homeworld / poor homeworld, high-g / low-g, creative / uncreative.)

* Is it possible to change how racial picks affect the homeworld?
(For instance, I might be interested in making High-G Homeworld make the homeworld large and rich while Low-G Homeworld would make it small and poor.)

* How would I go about removing Extended Fuel Tanks from colony ships (and disabling the racial contact check for extended ranges)?

* Is it possible to give toxic worlds a hard-coded 100% pollution reduction?

* Is it possible to make the construction of a colony ship reduce colony size by 1?

Return to “Game Modifications”