Picking my enemies. Is it possible?

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
Februarius
Picking my enemies. Is it possible?

Postby Februarius » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:56 pm

One of the biggest drawbacks of MOO 2 for me is the lacking of the option to pick and customize your enemies. The game just randomly decides wich races will be your opponents in the game, and their behaviour also. This is lame. I want evil spying Darlocks in all my games, and I dont want stupid Klackons. Bugs in space, yeah right. I hated that movie Space Soldiers :)

The only idea I came upon is to create hot seat game with 8 human players. Then pick 8 races that I want, and customize them to my liking. For e.g. I can create race similar to Ferengi by customizing Gnolams, or create something similar to Borg from Meklars.
After that I save the first turn. Then I edit the savegame, and I change 7 races from human to AI, and pick their behaviour in the game.

But it is boring to do this every time you start a new game, and also I am not sure will this editing corrupt the savegame.

So I was wondering could there be a way to force the game to select specific races when creating the new game?

Zyraen

Postby Zyraen » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:07 am

You can try enclosed software, its pretty handy.
http://moo2.nirran.com/FTP/Moo2MeltingPotv0.952.7z

It even allows you to play against cheating PC races - Lithovore, Tolerant, Creative, Repulsive.

Thanks to Nirran for hosting!

Return to “Game Modifications”